Home General Discussion

Comments

• ScotchnSmokeScotchnSmoke Posts: 134

Ok ok, I wasn't going to do this again, but they just put so much knowledge out there that I can't help but ask if it's true.

So in this video Mr. Perdomo says that some cigars book together and that you can fix it by pressing down on the part that isn't burning to fix it. Does anyone have any experience with this? Does it work? Have you heard that method before?

• Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭

Haven't heard of it, but I will have to try it since this happens even with really good cigars.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭✭

Uneven burns, especially canoeing, is advantageous in a long ash competition.

Don't look ↑
  • deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭

I usually just hit the unburnt section with the torch.

^ I choose B

Don't look ↑

@Wylaff said:
    Have you tried licking the end that's burning too fast? Your saliva will lower the temperature of the wrapper and slow the rate of heat induction.

You'll burn your tongue!

Don't look ↑
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭

@peter4jc Typically when I don't like someone right off the bat (or without meeting them) it's because they're too similar to me. I know when and why I am bullshitting and anyone else with similar speech patterns and body language piss me off right away.

@Stubble I can do that. I won't post any more videos from Perdomo.

• StubbleStubble Posts: 8,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020

Post away, just busting your chops a bit.... o:)
    @Scotch_n_Smoke

Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • BKDogBKDog Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm too jittery most of the time to worry about uneven burning.
    I don't know why, so I just smoke the )%*T.

"Love is a dung heap, Betty and I am but a c.o.c.k. that climbs upon it to crow."