Home General Discussion

Tracking your pleasure...

No no no... not GPS on a hooker...

I know some of you guys track the sticks you smoke, likes or dislikes. I probably will have everything in excel or maybe some online hosting site for such things... but I went out today to Barnes and Nobel, and picked up a nifty little black notebook (pocket size) for taking notes on field research (cigar bars!). No idea why, but im excited bout it. Think ill go try it out with a new stick tonight. I have a 5 Vegas Miami Knuckle i have yet to try out.

Comments

• minibeezyminibeezy Posts: 257
    LOL. I have an extra moleskin notebook sitting around that I plan on using for that same purpose.
  • sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    Choba actually gave me an extra moleskine just for that purpose. Taking notes on cigars has been a big help in my quest to develope my palate.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i used to keep track of many of the cigars i smoked. you can find my catalof at the bottom of every one of my posts.

this is a very good idea. it will help you develop your palate to levels you never dreamed of.

however, i always found it hard to catalog a cigar while others were around. I always did mine while alone. i could sit there and think about what i was tasting. ...plus i didnt have to take time out from the conversation to jot down some notes. though many of us are here for the flavors, the camaraderie is what i have learned to be the best part of cigars.
  • The CankThe Cank Posts: 799
    this site has a cigar dossier I recommend this when they get more in
  • cooch36cooch36 Posts: 714 ✭✭
    i picked up a mid size 150 page notebook and as a **** person t hat I am tab's in it to 6 pages per letter. plus have a bonues tab for things like 5 vagas. alson a few more pages in front so that I can put down the names that I like example. Paddella Obsidian with stars next to it on like area then I go to Page tab "P" lookk for Paddella Obsidian read arrival date how many and discription of the smoke. I also find I get a much better Idea if no one else is around except gf and I can write as I smoke or soon afterwards. My 2 cents.
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    The Cank:
    this site has a cigar dossier I recommend this when they get more in
    I have one of these, and is where I put my labels and notes in it for my smokes. Works great

"Long ashes my friends."

• KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    I Have an Excel Spreadsheet I use in conjunction w/ "Cigar Register" software. Also as a failsafe, I take the Band and put them on the back of a Post It (Band stuck to the adhesive part) and then right notes on the Post it while smoking. Then I just keep all those in a ziplock. Someday I'm thinking I will make a collage of all the bands. Oh yeah. I usually rate my cigars 1-10 (best yet is a 9)