Home Cigar 101

RH LEVEL

Michael67Michael67 Posts: 1

Have a glass top humidor... Seasoned with a Boveda 85 pack for two weeks. Placed two 320 gram 75 Boveda packs in it and RH will not go above 68 - 70 RH
ANY THOUGHTS

Comments

• deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cheap inaccurate analog hydrometer that comes with the humidor or a calibrated digital one? I would check the seals for leaks seal around the glass. Any cigars in there?

Should have slipped “buy a cooler” in there.

• VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭✭

And "sounds like it's working"

Don't look ↑
  • Trykflyr_1Trykflyr_1 Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭✭✭

Got a 6 as a first digit for the Rh? Good! Now, hrab a stick, light it and relax.

I'm still troubled by what I did for that Klondike bar...
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭

Any you guys ever use one of these?

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

@webmost said:
    Any you guys ever use one of these?

Only seen 2 people ever use them and that was on IG

• YaksterYakster Posts: 25,529 ✭✭✭✭✭

Check your cigar's humidity and when your Wife says you have too many cigars you can use it as a taser on her.

I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )

@Far_North_64 has one.

Don't look ↑
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Michael67 said:
    Have a glass top humidor... Seasoned with a Boveda 85 pack for two weeks. Placed two 320 gram 75 Boveda packs in it and RH will not go above 68 - 70 RH
    ANY THOUGHTS

You don't want it above 70. Most of us around here don't want it above 65. Wet cigars don't burn well.

• Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Michael67 said:
    ANY THOUGHTS

Maintaining cigars at your desired humidity is not hard at all. Dealing with wooden desktop humidors is what's hard. @Michael67 I'd be glad to offer some advice if you're still here,..... message me, or tag me on this thread.

• Far_North_64Far_North_64 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭✭✭

I do have one and I use it on different cigars as they come out of different tuppidors. Fun toy.

Now this is not the end of the cigar. It is not even the beginning of the end of the cigar. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning of the cigar.

• Lil_bumpLil_bump Posts: 5

Pretty accurate device when testing at the cap.

• RB338RB338 Posts: 1

@Bob_Luken said:

@Michael67 said:
    ANY THOUGHTS

Maintaining cigars at your desired humidity is not hard at all. Dealing with wooden desktop humidors is what's hard. @Michael67 I'd be glad to offer some advice if you're still here,..... message me, or tag me on this thread.

Any alternatives to wooden desktop humidors you really like??

• IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭✭✭

@deadman said:
    Should have slipped “buy a cooler” in there.

@RB338

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,059 ✭✭✭✭✭

@RB338 said:

@Bob_Luken said:

@Michael67 said:
    ANY THOUGHTS

To replace a small wooden desktop I would recommend a Rubbermaid brilliance container and Boveda packs.

• YaksterYakster Posts: 25,529 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like the IRIS Weathertight gasketed crates, I use the 62 quart ones, but they go from 74 quart down to 16 quart sizes. Shop around, sometimes Home Depot has better prices, sometimes Walmart, etc. depending on the size.

I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,284 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ziploc bags and boveda will work in a pinch.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

@RB338 said:

@Bob_Luken said:

@Michael67 said:
    ANY THOUGHTS

I use coleman Xtreme coolers, And I use Boveda humidification packets at 65%RH.

I use wooden desktop humidors.

Don't look ↑

@VegasFrank said:
    I use wooden desktop humidors.

• dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2023

Lifetime 55 quart with a half dozen Boveda 65.

Edit: I would carry a 20 qt Igloo when we travelled. I like the latches that lock down on both coolers, not sure they are necessary but give me a little peace of mind.

A little dirt never hurt
  • Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,059 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like coolers too…but guys, they don’t fit good on top of a desk lol

• dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭

You just need a bigger desk Rusty.

A little dirt never hurt
  • Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BullSquatch said:
    Boveda 65s All Day! I keep them in Ammo Boxes, Rubbemaid containers & in my Don Carlos Humidor. I like my sticks to be between 62-65 RH. They smoke better, more even and no wrapper issues.

Ammo Boxes? Never thought of that.💥Thanks

Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5