Home Non Cigar Related

RIP Christo

silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,050 ✭✭✭✭✭

Christo, an artist known for large-scale installations — including wrapping the Reichstag in Berlin and zigzagging thousands of saffron-curtained gates throughout Central Park — died at 84. He collaborated with his wife, Jeanne-Claude, who began sharing equal billing with him on all their projects in the 1990s.

Comments

• YaksterYakster Posts: 25,534 ✭✭✭✭✭

I remember seeing some of the giant umbrellas on the Grapevine pass in California. Unfortunately, due the high winds this installation resulted in two deaths and several injuries.

I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭

I never understood his "art". But, I'm a schmo, so, my opinion means about as much as, well, his art meant to me. Sorry to see him go, though. The world needs characters. Those willing to do the weird, voice unpopular opinions and not care about goddam p'litcal c'rectness allatime.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭

I remember him but only vaguely. I'll have to research his stuff.