Home General Discussion

What did you get today?

Comments

• deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭

@hoghunter said:
    Just ordered a Pick 10 for $49 from the Cigar.com home website. I picked a wide variety. Price was great and it was fun to pick 10 different sticks. Will post when they arrive !!

Now you’re talking

• YaksterYakster Posts: 25,527 ✭✭✭✭✭

Dayum, you're doing a better buying freeze than I am!

I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,932 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Patrickbrick said:
    For some reason, these went from Indiana, to Kentucky, back to Indiana, then to Illinois. Was getting nervous usps would lose them.

must have been something with the frogs jumping around cause mine went on a west florida tour

"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• hoghunterhoghunter Posts: 534 ✭✭✭✭✭

Here’s what I ordered from the Cigar.com Own Creation $49 Pick 10 deal. Never smoked any of these before. Wish me luck!

edited June 2020

@hoghunter said:
    Here’s what I ordered from the Cigar.com Own Creation $49 Pick 10 deal. Never smoked any of these before. Wish me luck!

That Ave Maria is a good stick and nub is decent IMO. Never had any of the others. That’s a good variety to find what you like.

Strongly agree!

Villiger's come out with some good cigars lately.

• ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,284 ✭✭✭✭✭

@hoghunter said:

The Monte white and cohiba blue are pretty good, too.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭

@deadman said:
    Couple pickups from a B&M , trying those Villiagers since Edward digs them.

They had some **** Fohiba, bad construction, horrible band, just missing the glass top box.

Selling fohibas in a b&m? We're they Cuban rounds or fake cohibas or atabeys?

Don't look ↑

@VegasFrank said:

@deadman said:
    Couple pickups from a B&M , trying those Villiagers since Edward digs them.

They had some **** Fohiba, bad construction, horrible band, just missing the glass top box.

Selling fohibas in a b&m? We're they Cuban rounds or fake cohibas or atabeys?

Flat out fake cohiba esplendidos. Worst part is there was only 3 left in the box. Next time I’m over there I’ll pick one up. It was a vape shop with a walk in humidor.

• VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020

Oh. Now I get it. Vape shop. Lololol. How much?

Don't look ↑

@VegasFrank said:
    Oh. Now I get it. Vape shop. Lololol. How much?

No price. Box looked legit but the bands where terrible. The “Havana Cuba” was cut off at the bottom by the cricked checkerboard pattern. It is a big walk-in, fully stocked and humidified. So I will give them that. Maybe an 8x15 room will five to six rows of shelves.

@silvermouse said:
    Nice! ^
    I got the Coffee of the Month shipment from @peter4jc, Burundi roasted and green, along with a bodyguard--H Uppmann José Méndez which I am smoking now with a cup of Peony Green tea. Beautiful afternoon, mosquitoes haven't shown up in force yet.

Sounds good Edward.

• silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,044 ✭✭✭✭✭

It was, @deadman, and the cigar was fantastic. Here's an accurate and amusing review:
    https://kohnhed.com/2019/09/24/h-upmann-hispaniola-by-jose-menendez-cigar-reviews-by-the-katman/

Used to read his reviews a lot. Everything was a story and kind of entertaining