Home General Discussion

I had a bad cigar bad day.

VisionVision Posts: 7,766 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just a rant.....

To start off..... I know I know.... what should have I expected from this line up. Today was hot @ 93 degrees but felt like 110. I didn’t want to grab anything “good” just in case the heat and humidity crept up on the cigars. I reached into General Population (where the undesirables hang out) and grabbed ..... we’ll see below......

1. Nica Libre 1990 - Wouldn’t draw. Gutter
  2. Gurkha Beast - Wouldn’t stay lit. Slam dunk on sidewalk.
  3. Gurkha Fury - Plugged. Tossed into refuse piles.
  4. Brick House - Smoked very well (From Rain)
  5. Macanudo Vintage Maduro - Very Good from 2013 but can’t get the metal ring off so limited on the length.......

I did make room tho....

Comments

• VisionVision Posts: 7,766 ✭✭✭✭✭

@VegasFrank said:
    @IndustMech must be jealous... I always wondered what purpose the hardware on that Macanudo served...to limit your suffering

>
    You’re not totally wrong. I remember not really liking them 2012-2013.... Mellow AF 8 years later.

• EgoBoundaryEgoBoundary Posts: 2,159 ✭✭✭✭✭

Brick house is a good stick ... I don’t have too much street cred ... but I also think it is a pretty reliable smoke

• deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree with Ego, I like the brick house maduros just been a while since I’ve had one

• WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,270 ✭✭✭✭✭

The other day I pulled 3 in a row with construction issues that made them almost un-smokable. I lit a pipe and tried again the next day. I feel your pain.

"Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭

@deadman said:
    I agree with Ego, I like the brick house maduros just been a while since I’ve had one

I agree with you both, it's a solid smoke. Underappreciated. I always forget about them.