Home Non Cigar Related

Happy Independence Day

ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,284 ✭✭✭✭✭

Happy 4th to all you BOTL.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

Comments

• deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭

Happy 4th

• webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ribs & Beer!

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ditto!

• YaksterYakster Posts: 25,528 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2020

@webmost said:

Ribs & Beer!

I knew I was forgetting something, I've got the ribs smoking, I'll conform and grab a beer on the way out to the back yard from roasting up some coffee.

H A P P Y 4 t h o f J U L Y ! ! !

I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2020

@MorganGeo said:

Happy 4th err body! Enjoy the day and cut loose!

Happy 4th of July and man you gotta be related to Dan Blocker (Big Hoss), B)

If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • MorganGeoMorganGeo Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hahaha. Your right! Have had NUMEROUS people say that. Business trips in Florida, Georgia and here in MS. People have always mentioned the resemblance.

• webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2020

Commiefornia outlawed 4th of July, w/ a $10K fine, in fact... so the People with a big P took matters into their own hands:

https://youtu.be/5DIad2tuVtg

Ain't that a joy to see?

Same deal here, BTW. The U of DE cancelled their display, so firework nutz in every neighborhood took over. Never saw such a prolonged display.

Righteous.

https://youtu.be/tIvdcdogC6k

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,316 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't think the People with a big P are conservative or overly patriotic for that matter. I also doubt they were spurred into spending $$$ on fireworks because Governor Noisesome told them not to.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,528 ✭✭✭✭✭

They've been illegal and ever present in San Jose for years.

I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • NorCalR1NorCalR1 Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Yakster said:
    They've been illegal and ever present in San Jose for years.

The illegal shows have been enormous for the last decade. There are usually more people parked in the hills surrounding the City than at the Official City Show.

If you want to bomb me send it to Tony @0patience :D
    If you are a newbie I got Dem nachos....

• BKDogBKDog Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm of the mind that EVERY day should be Independence Day so more people might remember why.
    And here we are wearing masks, refused service everywhere we go unless we have one on our face because some Liberal governor wants to keep the emergency going even though Covid is not even presently an issue in the State. The CIA media campaign has taken over the nation, most folks live in fear and many more just do as they are told, like good little slaves.
    I remember telling my Dad how I wanted to defend our freedoms and he knew how proud I was to be a soldier. I have to tell you now, I'm not just disappointed, I am completely disgusted with this country. Seriously, how can people let it get this bad, anyway? The idea of promoting independence from Britain, from the rule of the tyrant kings of England and their taxation and politicking is what spurned the revolution which birthed this country. The founders of this nation staked their lives, the lives of their families, their wealth and property, everything on that slim chance to live free and sovereign.
    And here we are today, here we are. I don't feel proud of a damned thing.

"Love is a dung heap, Betty and I am but a c.o.c.k. that climbs upon it to crow."