Home Ratings & Reviews

Camacho Triple Maduro Robusto

lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
This was a great smoke. It had a slightly sweet wrapper. Nice draw. Heavy smoke output. VERY strong flavors. I got a little light headed half way through this one. Better have some food in your stomach before trying it. Even burn all the way down. And for a 4.5 x 50, I got at least an hour and fifteen minutes out of it, which was nice. The only draw back is the price. At $12 a stick, it's very forgettable. If it were a little cheaper, I'd make it a regular. But frankly, there's much better cigars out there in that price range.
Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..

Comments

• ljlljl Posts: 819
    This thing looks great, but like you said... the price. Actually picked one up then put it back once. As close as I ever got.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    I like these a lot. I love th 6x60.
  • laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    phobicsquirrel:
    I have had one of these, and while smoking it I was looking it up online to see about purchasing more. Then I saw the price... wow. I will get a few from time to time, but as good as they are... they are too expensive IMO.
  • ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    ljl:
    This thing looks great, but like you said... the price. Actually picked one up then put it back once. As close as I ever got.
    I agree that the price is a bit steep on these, but they are a phenominal cigar! I have had a couple of them and have been blown away every time. I am still hoping to find a deal on them some time so I can get more than one or two at a time.
    laker1963:
    phobicsquirrel:
    I have had one of these, and while smoking it I was looking it up online to see about purchasing more. Then I saw the price... wow. I will get a few from time to time, but as good as they are... they are too expensive IMO.
    cheaper than some cigars....
  • laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    phobicsquirrel:
    laker1963:
    phobicsquirrel:
    Talking yourself into buying some aren't you? LOL
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    lilwing88:
    This was a great smoke. It had a slightly sweet wrapper. Nice draw. Heavy smoke output. VERY strong flavors. I got a little light headed half way through this one. Better have some food in your stomach before trying it. Even burn all the way down. And for a 4.5 x 50, I got at least an hour and fifteen minutes out of it, which was nice. The only draw back is the price. At $12 a stick, it's very forgettable. If it were a little cheaper, I'd make it a regular. But frankly, there's much better cigars out there in that price range.
    First time I smoked one of these was from the Black Band project and it ended up being my favorite stick out of the bunch. Love the flavors in it. You might have smoked that cigar little too fast, because when I smoked the robustos, I get 1.5 to 2hrs of burn time. Try slowing down a little if u smoke one again.

"Long ashes my friends."

laker1963:
    phobicsquirrel:
    laker1963:
    phobicsquirrel:
    Talking yourself into buying some aren't you? LOL
    lol, yeah already did, I picked up a box a while back, a house sitter's dog got into them, then they were nice enough to get me another box.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Krieg:
    lilwing88:
    You might have smoked that cigar little too fast, because when I smoked the robustos, I get 1.5 to 2hrs of burn time. Try slowing down a little if u smoke one again.
    Completely agree with that. Any time I've smoked a Triple Maduro too fast it punishes me, it's one cigar that demands patience to get the full potential. My best experiences have been with the robusto and I've never smoked one in less than 100 minutes. Damn good cigar.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    laker1963:
    phobicsquirrel:
    there are many cigars that i like more than that in that price point.

i would love to see this cigar in a smaller vitola, like maybe a 5.5 x 45
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    Krieg:
    lilwing88:
    First time I smoked one of these was from the Black Band project and it ended up being my favorite stick out of the bunch. Love the flavors in it. You might have smoked that cigar little too fast, because when I smoked the robustos, I get 1.5 to 2hrs of burn time. Try slowing down a little if u smoke one again.
    To be honest, I didn't smoke it down to the nub. I probably could have gotten another 15-20 minutes out of it, but I ran out of smoke time. If I ever spend the $12 to smoke another, I'll definitely make sure I have the time to smoke the whole thing.
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..