Home Ratings & Reviews

Boveda Acrylic Humidor (Worth the Price of $165+)?

BullSquatchBullSquatch Posts: 562 ✭✭✭✭✭

Like everyone else, I cant live without Boveda Packs, but ran accross their brand name humidors a couple of days ago. I currently use an large invicta dive case and pop top cereal cannister to house my cigars, together they hold around 50-75 sticks. However, I am intrigued by the Boveda Acrylic. Anyone on here have one?

"Some people meditate, I smoke cigars." - Ron Perlman
"...I intend to go home tonight and smoke a cigar to the glory of God." - Charles Spurgeon
Two Time Cigar Lottery Winner

Comments

• Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm not familiar with it. I have a couple of 100ct wooden humidors my wife got me some time ago, and a 77 quart cooler which stays about 3/4 full. New purchases go into the big cooler, then are rotated out to first one of the wooden humidors, then on to the next one that I usually smoke from. Unless I'm in the mood for something from the cooler. It's all good.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • BullSquatchBullSquatch Posts: 562 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Amos_Umwhat @VegasFrank what type of shelving do you use in your coolers? got any pics?

"...I intend to go home tonight and smoke a cigar to the glory of God." - Charles Spurgeon

• Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't do shelving in the cooler. Got a series of sealed plastic boxes with cigars and boveda packs in them. That's why I still have the wooden humidors, because right or wrong I do think that the wood imparts a certain finish to the cigar.

Also, the wooden humidors are about 3 - 5 % lower Rh than what I keep in the cooler. So, 69% bovedas in sealed plastic containers yields 67 - 69% in reality, the same bovedas in the humidors yield 63 - 65%, which is where I like it.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain

@Amos_Umwhat said:
    I don't do shelving in the cooler. Got a series of sealed plastic boxes with cigars and boveda packs in them. That's why I still have the wooden humidors, because right or wrong I do think that the wood imparts a certain finish to the cigar.

Also, the wooden humidors are about 3 - 5 % lower Rh than what I keep in the cooler. So, 69% bovedas in sealed plastic containers yields 67 - 69% in reality, the same bovedas in the humidors yield 63 - 65%, which is where I like it.

Awesome! Thanks for the info!

edited July 2020

THAT IS AWESOME @deadman

• deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭

When you cut the shelving you have to pay attention to the draft angle of the inside on the cooler

did you just use like closet shelving?

edited July 2020

Yep from Lowe’s

Side note I came on home today and didn’t check out the cigar loft in Concord, contrast dye makes me nauseous.

@deadman said:
    Yep from Lowe’s

Side note I came on home today and didn’t check out the cigar loft in Concord, contrast dye makes me nauseous.

yeah man no worries, I may try and swing by there this weekend.

• PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭✭✭

120 qt cooler 55.00. Buy boxes of cigars until full, then repeat. Very cheap very effective for a lot of storage.

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.

@Patrickbrick said:
    120 qt cooler 55.00. Buy boxes of cigars until full, then repeat. Very cheap very effective for a lot of storage.

yeah for sure!

• VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭✭

@deadman said:

@BullSquatch said:
    @Amos_Umwhat @VegasFrank what type of shelving do you use in your coolers? got any pics?

That looks a little empty

Don't look ↑
    edited July 2020

@VegasFrank said:

@deadman said:

@BullSquatch said:

It’s an old pic. Plus the camera adds 10 pounds to the cooler not the cigars.

It’s been too hot to work on the tower. The door keeps warping in the heat. I need to take it back off and weight it down on a flat surface. As soon as I can sand it then I can paint and move it into the house

@VegasFrank said:

@deadman said:

@BullSquatch said:

LOL. If that's empty, you don't wanna see my stash lol