Home Ratings & Reviews

Small Batch VIP club...worth it?

VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭✭

Asking for a friend....

Don't look ↑

Comments

• rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,736 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think @Patrickbrick was in it. Not sure of the perks, but if you spend $2500 in 6 months you get your money back.

• silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,046 ✭✭✭✭✭

worth a try.

• peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,316 ✭✭✭✭✭

I say go for it, Frank.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • TheKrakenTheKraken Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭✭✭

@rsherman24 said:
    I think @Patrickbrick was in it. Not sure of the perks, but if you spend $2500 in 6 months you get your money back.

sounds like a challenge

• Trykflyr_1Trykflyr_1 Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think it is. I don't buy near the volume you do tho.

I'm still troubled by what I did for that Klondike bar...
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,316 ✭✭✭✭✭

@rsherman24 said:
    LOL. If @peter4jc aka "The Counselor" says to go for it, you have to.

But is it reverse psychology?

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2020

True on that ^ but I still buy quite a bit from them...but only on items that are 18 percent off or more. That added to free ship no tax and the 5 percent rewards means I can get lots of stuff for at least as cheap as other sites.

Case in point, 25 percent off sitewide for the fourth of july I used to buy a box of padrons. After using my rewards dollars, I got the box of 64s for 180 delivered.

Don't think I'll spend 2500 in six months, even at the rate I buy and smoke, but extra discounts are tempting. However, the math geek in me knows that the law of diminishing returns applies, and the 5 percent rewards will be smaller with bigger discounts.

The gift sounds nice, though if it's a bunch of zino platinums and davidoff anniversarios and Winston Churchill's I'd be bummed a little.

Intriguing. I'll sleep on it. Thanks guys.

Don't look ↑
  • TruDogTruDog Posts: 8,325 ✭✭✭✭✭

...Dream Weaver...

• CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭

The gift in the past was $300-400 box of Davidoff LEs (Year of, iirc), but last time I believe it was something lesser and not to my liking. Also you get 20% off everyday with 30% off specific categories in the same format as their nearly daily emails, although there are minimum purchase requirements on those. I was thinking about it but I am full and overflowing into tupperware and ziplock bags right now.

• TBonzTBonz Posts: 554 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think you can do $2500 @VegasFrank ! When I read that I figured 6 months would be easy and you might be slightly challenged by 6 days! :):D

• VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nah I don't think so. 410 a month? I've done 410 in a month. I've even done 8:20 in 2 months and once in a while 1230 in three months, but never 2500 in 6 months, so if I bought the membership, I would be buying it for the discounts along the way.

Don't look ↑
  • VisionVision Posts: 7,764 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2020

Correct me if I’m wrong but that’s 182 days / $2500 = $13.75 cigar a day.

That’s really not that bad.

Edit....

In actuality that’s never smoking 🐕 🚀 again. Guess that a really good thing.