Home Cigar 101

Probably been discussed many times, but....

wing15601wing15601 Posts: 19

Has anyone ever mix 65% Boveda and 65% Heartfelt in the same humidor with good results?

Comments

• VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just experiment around. If you use both, they will either work together or fight each other. You'll have a perfect setup that works well when you stop stressing about 62 vs 63 or 68 vs 70. If you're between 59 and 71 you're fine and will be able to smoke them. Then you can dial in your preference to the upper, lower, or middle range to your taste (I like the lower range). Nick @Usaf06 doesn't use a hygrometer, and he knows everything about everything except for cooking hamburgers.

Don't look ↑
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,533 ✭✭✭✭✭

I didn't realize that Nick was burger impaired.

I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2020

@wing15601 said:

Probably been discussed many times, but....

Has anyone ever mix 65% Boveda and 65% Heartfelt in the same humidor with good results?

Discussed?,.... yes. Many times?,.... no. I used to use Bovedas in tandem with unscented Silica kitty litter. Silica is the same thing as what Heartfelt beads are made of.

But if you ask me 65% vs 65% is a lame experiment. If you get 65% as a result, have you learned anything? Try 65% Heartfelt Beads and 70% Bovedas. Now THAT's an experiment.

@Yakster said:
    I didn't realize that Nick was burger impaired.

Things I learned on the vherf.

Don't look ↑
  • BKDogBKDog Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭

If I lived out west, I might go toward the 69 range, but up in the Northeast, I will only use 65% Boveda and keep it that way.
    I do have a 3 sq. ft. wooden humidor I use for long term storage, it's heavily insulated and I actually use two active humidifiers inside (Cigar Oasis and Humidicare) with an occasional container of gel beads, but that's as far as I will go and for the 10 Coleman coolers and the winedor type humidors or the many acrylic jars and tupperware containers, it's just Boveda.

"Love is a dung heap, Betty and I am but a c.o.c.k. that climbs upon it to crow."
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭

@Vision said:

@wing15601 said:

Yup. Then I threw out the beads and bought more Boveda. I’m not intentionally trying to be a jerk but why is it that people want to try everything from Gel to Oasis to kitty litter to beads to unicorn tears..... then after all that money and time spent settle on Boveda anyhow. I know there are tons of people on here using devices other then Boveda with great luck. I get that. But why do we over think this? Frank said it best ....if it’s between 59-71 with no big swings constantly you’re fine.

I was out of the hobby for 7 years. Still checked my Wineador weekly and never once..... not once found mold, not once had to remove to recharge (15-17 Boveda 65RH) Cigars smoke perfectly....

Boveda

Thank you enough said all these guys trying to argue about the rest of the stuff are either too cheap or just idiots!! Why question something that’s idiot proof...guess it’s not idiot proof since the debate is still going on. Well buy everything else to find out nothing right now is better then boveda...just be glad I left politics out of it because well use cat litter and hope you’ll be ok

Money can't buy taste
  • ForMudForMud Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭✭✭

I mix them...12 or so lbs of kitty litter and a dozen or so packs of 65rh Boveda packs...Everyone's getting along fine. I haven't had to touch anything in 9 or 10 months. Last time I checked, it was still holding 63%

Not really experimenting....Just didn't see any reason to take the packs out.

edited July 2020

I keep my humidification simple

Don't look ↑