Home Non Cigar Related

I know how to stop the riots

jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cut off the cell phones

Comments

• webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭

There's no want of how to. What's missing is the want to.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

I see a bunch of disagrees, but with the riots here (admittedly small) they would disperse and regather at a different location to cause more damage. I can guarantee they would not have been able to do that if they didn't have cell phones.

"Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Wylaff said:
    I see a bunch of disagrees, but with the riots here (admittedly small) they would disperse and regather at a different location to cause more damage. I can guarantee they would not have been able to do that if they didn't have cell phones.

So what do they disagree with?
    That they are riots?
    Drive through Potland and see. Peacefully protest, my a$$.
    And non-stop.

So what do these people disagree with?
    Or do they know what they agree with or disagree with?
    Or did JD offend them that much, that they feel the need to do that?

I don't understand the reasoning behind people supporting these "peaceful protests" that destroy banks, federal buildings and businesses, not to mention, trying to blow up a police precinct in Seattle.

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭✭✭

No cell phones might slow them but you cant fix stupid so there will be riots with or with out phones.

• Trykflyr_1Trykflyr_1 Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭✭✭

^^^^^ You could probably use kittens with these snowflakes.

I'm still troubled by what I did for that Klondike bar...
  • TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭

If the cell phones are cut off how the hell are people so post to call 911?

If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cutting cell service will make it easier for them to loot and cause destruction. With the inability for law abiding citizens to contact others for help the mayhem will get worse. Those causing the real problems will continue to do so unless there are actual consequences.

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • variant2variant2 Posts: 882 ✭✭✭✭

Cut off their soy & tofu. They'll surrender in a few days.

Cнeerѕ! Moтнerғυcĸer
  • Trykflyr_1Trykflyr_1 Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭✭✭

Close all the Starbuck's (starsucks?) "due to covid restrictions" the way the guvmint's selectively closed other businesses.

I'm still troubled by what I did for that Klondike bar...
  • BKDogBKDog Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd personally rather see people protest and thoroughly burn to the ground every corporate news facility in the country.
    But, that's just wishful thinking.

"Love is a dung heap, Betty and I am but a c.o.c.k. that climbs upon it to crow."
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Trykflyr_1 said:
    Close all the Starbuck's (starsucks?) "due to covid restrictions" the way the guvmint's selectively closed other businesses.

“Charbucks” ..... 🤷

• WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like the cut of your jib, Bob.

"Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2020

I am glad some people realized it was a humorous post. Even though I think it would be a good idea.

• jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭

@variant2 said:
    Cut off their soy & tofu. They'll surrender in a few days.

They will turn to cannibalism if they have not already.