Home Cigar 101

Anyone From Dallas Area?

PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
Just wondering if there was anyone on here near the Dallas TX area. I've been looking for local people and just don't know where to look. I found one local cigar clubs site but their forums are REALLY slow and the members don't seem to be very active.

Comments

• Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Posts: 930
    I am. I live close to Greenville, if you have any idea where that's at. So, I'm about 45 minutes-1 hour east of Dallas. I haven't been able to find much for local cigar enthusiasts either. Most everyone I run into think cigars end with the something you buy at your local gas station.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Ha, yea, I know what ya mean and yes i know exactly where Greenville is. I drive though there very often. I moved to this area from Mt. Vernon, if you know where that is.
    Sure do. I moved out here from Jacksonville, if you know where that is, haha! I know quite a bit of the eastern part of the state. Well, what I can remember anyway, lol.
    haha Yea I understand. So what are some of your favorite cigars?
    Most of what I've smoked are Carlos Torano's, as that's the most affordable quality cigar at my local B&M that I can find. Though I bought a CAO from there not too long ago, and really enjoyed it. I'm starting to make some money again, so I'll have the cash to start trying more brands and such.
    I know what ya mean, I have just really started to build my collection. Got me a nice small humi and getting some nice sticks in it. Just bought me a Fuente Hemingway a Nub Camaroon and a few Tatuaje Havana VIs the other day! All GREAT smokes! You ever go up around the Addison area?
    Once in a blue moon. I know from searching on the 'net they seem to have some pretty good cigar bars in that area. I've been meaning to try a Hemingway, I just haven't had the 8 bucks to shell out. I should be getting my sampler in today though. Really looking forward to that.
    Sweet! I love Samplers!!! Thats how I got my Gurkha Legend and a couple Cohibas I've smoked! I live right outside of Addison and I've found a few cigar friendly places and a couple GREAT Cigar Shops!
    Yeah, that area seems to have a bit of everything, lol. There's a place in Mesquite called Sir Elliot's, that has a walk-in, that I'm hoping to check out soon. I really need to find some good places to go around here. I've actually been planning on making a trip out to Addison just to check out some of the spots I've found on the internet.
    Yea, it's a great area. There is a nice shop at the corner of Beltline and Midway that has a HUGE walk-in. Even one of the liquor stores has a nice walk-in! Those are two of my favorite things combined! haha
    A liquor store with a walk-in humidor?! I've gotta check this place out!!
    Yea, its on the corner of Beltline and Addison Rd. Great place!!! But they are a little higher than the other liquor stores around. If you like to shoot pool, have a few drinks, and smoke a cigar, the best place I've found is Cape Buffalo. Its on Addison Rd too.
    I think I might've heard about that place before. The name sounds familiar. I'll have to make my way out there here soon.
    Well let me know when you do and maybe we can meet up and have a smoke and a drink.
    Sounds good to me. There's a place in Rockwall that I've found online that seems promising called En Fuego. If it turns out to be a nice spot, that's going to be great because it's not too far from me.
    Yea that would be handy for ya. I know I've been to a shop over in Garland near Town East but don't remember exactly where...