Home Non Cigar Related

Pear in bottle Brandy

ljlljl Posts: 819
Anybody here ever tried this? I keep wanting to get it, but never know what to expect. When I ask around the only real advice I get is to spend at least 70$ a bottle. I'm not really big on 70$ guesses. I keep asking for it as a gift - everyone says they can't find it around. Brandy drinking is a bit of a tradition at family gatherings and I just keep thinking this would be a huge hit.

Comments

• Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    I picked up a bottle while in Paris and paid about 50 euro, which was about $70 a few years ago. The bottle is still sitting in my liquor cabinet, almost full. At first, I didn't want to drink it because the presentation was so nice. Now I can't find anyone to drink it because it's just so disgusting. I'm a huge fan of cognac, but this tastes like un-aged, very young, harsh, tequila-like brandy (it's obviously unaged, due to the clear color). Sorry to disappoint, but I wouldn't recommend this at all and wouldn't want to see you spend $70 and hate it without at least warning you.

Beautiful centerpiece, but the cash is better spent elsewhere if you plan on drinking it.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    ive had it before. by brother gave me a glass of it once.

i dont know much about brandy but i know i liked that brandy.
  • denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    there was a thread about apple brandy that had a lot of pear brandy discussion in it
    CLICK HERE FOR THE STORY