Home Ratings & Reviews

Man O' War Special Edition Salomon

nightmaremike31nightmaremike31 Posts: 718 ✭✭✭
I just want to start out by apologizing for my original post... I was so excited that I didn't notice I had clicked on Cigar 101... But now I'm in the Ratings & Reviews section.

From what I've been reading on this GREAT, AMAZING, WONDERFUL and ENTERTAINING online forum and site, the general consensus on the Man O' War (not pertaining to Ruination, though I wouldn't mind the feedback from them either) is their either really good or just... meh.

So I was wondering from both sides of the fence, if any one has tried these behemoths... Man O' War Special Edition Salomon 7 x 58!

Regardless of the outcome, I already have them on order, so I'll be sampling them in the near future. So, let's begin.

Comments

• cholmes8310cholmes8310 Posts: 1,585
    nightmaremike31:
    I just want to start out by apologizing for my original post... I was so excited that I didn't notice I had clicked on Cigar 101... But now I'm in the Ratings & Reviews section.

From what I've been reading on this GREAT, AMAZING, WONDERFUL and ENTERTAINING online forum and site, the general consensus on the Man O' War (not pertaining to Ruination, though I wouldn't mind the feedback from them either) is their either really good or just... meh.

So I was wondering from both sides of the fence, if any one has tried these behemoths... Man O' War Special Edition Salomon 7 x 58!

Regardless of the outcome, I already have them on order, so I'll be sampling them in the near future. So, let's begin.
    I haven't heard of these or seen them anywhere... google didn't find anything either. Got a link?
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I can't speak to the special edition salamon, but the MOW robusto is great. Also, the Ruination is not one to be missed if you like a strong cigar bursting with flavor...the robusto #1 is my favorite. Both are excellent cigars in my opinion.
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    I picked up a box of them a couple of months ago. I want to let them get some age on them before I fire one up though, so for now I haven't tried one yet.
    I might try that first one you sent me a little while ago Tony, if it holds true to the MOW name, I'm sure it'll be a helluva smoke. Now that I have two (thank you kindly), I don't mind sending one up in flames.
    Well, sent one up in flames like I said I would. Very good cigar. The burn started off pretty well contrary to most of the salamons I've had in the past, one minor correction was required at the start and one more about halfway down. Due to the length and varying ring gauge, it offers more complexity of flavor than some of its single gauge brethren.

Note to the OP: If I were you, I would put that box away for a minimum of 6 weeks and let them rest. The time will do wonders for them.
    j0z3r:
    I might try that first one you sent me a little while ago Tony, if it holds true to the MOW name, I'm sure it'll be a helluva smoke. Now that I have two (thank you kindly), I don't mind sending one up in flames.
    Anyone care to help a brotha out? I can't seem to find this gem anywhere. I love the MOW, the Ruination, and I'm sure I'll love the A Fernandez as well. So I need to pick up this one as well.
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    I just ordered a box of them, might get another. It sounds like they might be really good with some time on them.
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    cholmes8310:
    j0z3r:
    Anyone care to help a brotha out? I can't seem to find this gem anywhere. I love the MOW, the Ruination, and I'm sure I'll love the A Fernandez as well. So I need to pick up this one as well.
    Check your PMs C.
    alienmisprint:
    cholmes8310:
    j0z3r:
    Check your PMs C.
    checked and replied. 'preciate it!
  • nightmaremike31nightmaremike31 Posts: 718 ✭✭✭
    I knew the C.Com BOTL would be able to provide knowledge on these tastey treats.

Nothing like a brother to burn one just to find out, thanks j0z3r!

Sorry I didn't get back for a while. Cholmes, it sounds like Alien got you hooked up, that's great. The comradery here is un-beatable.

I'm pretty excited about them, they sound like they are going to be quite the treat.

Thanks fella's, you kick ass!!
    nightmaremike31:
    Nothing like a brother to burn one just to find out, thanks j0z3r!
    Yeah...like I actually need a reason to go and smoke a cigar. lol
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Jozer, is it a double wrapper? I haven't heard of these as well. Is it tastier than the MOW?
    Tastier as in more complex flavors? Yes. I don't know if it's a double wrap or not.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    hmm, thanks
  • WickedWicked Posts: 4
    I have one in my humi right now, will leave you some feedback as soon as I smoke it, probably in about a week or so from now, but the man o war and the MoW ruination are great, I'd have to say the ruination is my favorite cigar at the moment.
  • Alex_SvensonAlex_Svenson Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    You are going to love this one. It is made with the original MOW blend but with the wrapper used for the Ruination. Kind of a hybrid. It came out as a special edition and ultimately led to the blending of ruination. These are pretty limited in production though because it is hard finding big wrappers so high up on the plant.
  • xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    A bit off-topic, but is there a release date for the Man O War Virtue?