Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

Rocky Patel Decade

Hello. I'm a new member of the COMC and just received my first sampler. In it was a Rocky Patel Decade. I have smoked RP Edge for years and thought I'd like this, given the brand name and my good experience with those. First, the good news. It's a nice size, box pressed. On a robust scale of 1-5, I'd give a good 4.5-5. It lit well and had a real easy draw. Very nice flavor. Not overpowering, kind of satisfying. But (there's always a but), I'm not sure if it was the cigar I got or a general issue, but first, the wrapper wouldn't burn. The filler certainly did but the wrapper just kind of shriveled on the outside as the inside burned for a good 3/4". Then, I had to relight it twice. Finally, it kind of canoed in the middle of the smoke. Hadn't seen that before - if it happens for me, it's usually after lighting. After a while, it smoked just fine. Pretty full-bodied once it got going but I shouldn't have to do that much work after lighting a cigar. I'll probably give it another shot just as an experiment. Not really a robusto guy, but this was kind of nice.

Comments

• Options
    VisionVision Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sounds like humidity might be high. How is it stored and at what temp/rh

• Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,681 ✭✭✭✭✭

Could be a humidity issue for sure, or it could have just tunnelled. Never had one tunnel on me before.

Don't look ↑
  • Options
    PeteBPeteB Posts: 2

Thanks, guys. This particular cigar never even made it to the humidor. It was right out of the bag they sent it to me in. And, the other two sample cigars I smoked before that didn't have that issue. But, maybe that little travel humidifier pack they sent with it might have been too moist. Like I said, I generally liked the cigar and will probably try another. Appreciate the feedback.

• Options
    Altaz55_Altaz55_ Posts: 1

Did you get November's box yet? Thx

• Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,681 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah I got it bro. I can't believe it had 10 padrons and an Atabey in it!

Don't look ↑
  • Options
    VisionVision Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭✭✭

@VegasFrank said:
    Yeah I got it bro. I can't believe it had 10 padrons and an Atabey in it!

Mine had 15 cigars!