Home General Discussion

Anyone use the La Finca Ammo Box to Store Sticks?

BullSquatchBullSquatch Posts: 562 ✭✭✭✭✭

Got 2 of these Freebies at my B&M today? Stuff with boveda and a good hygrometer...that work? any experience with these?

"Some people meditate, I smoke cigars." - Ron Perlman
"...I intend to go home tonight and smoke a cigar to the glory of God." - Charles Spurgeon
Two Time Cigar Lottery Winner

Comments

• peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,315 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good size for rookies. :smiley:

I use something like that for daily smokes; when I go through my main storage and see a few I want to get at soon, I'll pluck them out and put them in my daily smoke bin.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • BullSquatchBullSquatch Posts: 562 ✭✭✭✭✭

@peter4jc said:
    Good size for rookies. :smiley:

I use something like that for daily smokes; when I go through my main storage and see a few I want to get at soon, I'll pluck them out and put them in my daily smoke bin.

do they hold RH consistently?

"...I intend to go home tonight and smoke a cigar to the glory of God." - Charles Spurgeon

• ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,284 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have one and used it to store smokes in for a couple months. They hold humidity very well, since they are air-tight. You just need to season it properly, if it isn't already.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• BKDogBKDog Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭

I use a dozen or so to store primers in, others for some ammo. Never thought of using as a humidor. Hey, if it works, well done!

"Love is a dung heap, Betty and I am but a c.o.c.k. that climbs upon it to crow."
  • VisionVision Posts: 7,764 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ShawnOL said:
    I have one and used it to store smokes in for a couple months. They hold humidity very well, since they are air-tight. You just need to season it properly, if it isn't already.

As I have never seen the innards of said ammo cans.... are they cedar lined?

• VisionVision Posts: 7,764 ✭✭✭✭✭

@silvermouse said:
    mine is lined on all 6 sides with thick cedar, 1/4" if I remember correctly
    just checked, it is 1/8" lauan with a cedar veneer. Grabbed a stick for the morning; usually I can smoke about 1/3 of it before wondering why I am doing it. I am planning to age most of them until shortly after my demise.

You know they’re good cigars when you won’t bomb them. Actually… P.m. incoming

• TheKrakenTheKraken Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BullSquatch trying to get some quick storage I see, wise move before the onslaught

• CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭

Those are cool. I've thought about them but my storage needs surpassed that size.

• CalvinAndHoboCalvinAndHobo Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭✭✭

One of those might make a good travel humidor.

• BullSquatchBullSquatch Posts: 562 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hard to beat free.