Home General Discussion

Winning over the wife

Hello everyone, I was wondering if anyone had any advice on how to communicate to your spouse the importance of the difference between premium tobacco and cigarettes in regards to health; also what cigar or pipe smoking means to you.

Comments

• EgoBoundaryEgoBoundary Posts: 2,159 ✭✭✭✭✭

People enjoy cigars. That’s my selling point.

• 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭

Throw chocolate and don't make any sudden moves or they attack.

Good luck. If they don't get it, they probably never will.
    My wife knows that a cigar is my 1 hour vacation from everything.
    I may be doing something when I smoke my cigar, but I rarely answer the phone.
    The difference is, cigars are 100% tobacco without all the garbage they put in cigarettes. Put down a cigarette, it keeps burning. Put down a cigar, it will go out.

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,284 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cigarettes are bad for you, cigars are good for you.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭

These questions have been answered many times, in many ways throughout the history of this forum.

Brief recap: Don't inhale cigars or pipe smoke, nicotine absorbs slowly as a result. This means no 8 second nicotine rush to the brain, which is the aspect that makes nicotine so addicting.

No rush = no addiction.

The cigar or pipe smoker can go all day without tobacco, or smoke 2 or 3 times in a day, with no near-homicidal rage if the tobacco is withdrawn. Take away the cigarettes, or even worse the vapes, and that nicotine addict becomes irritable and angry in a matter of minutes, hour or so at best.

There's LOTS more to learn, find the search button, or just read at will.

Good luck.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭

If she wants to know the difference, nicely explain and say “well honey it’s like you having or not having a credit card” She’ll quickly understand.

If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2020

Awesome! I have 1-2 cigars per day, 1 or 2 times per day. I'm in...

Don't look ↑
  • PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭✭✭

It’s an easy explanation, you’re insurance premiums are higher if you smoke cigarets. You are a non smoker to the insurance company if you only smoke cigars. For life insurance you still have to pass a nicotine test.

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • CAcigarguy007CAcigarguy007 Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2020

Cigars, you don't inhale and are smoked for pure pleasure and flavor with nicotine being a nice enhancing affect. Cigarettes, you smoke compulsively for a nicotine fix. Much like premium food (lobster, caviar, oysters, steak etc) enjoyed for flavor vs cheap junk food for the sake of eating. Or a single malt you enjoy for flavor vs some cheap swill you mix with soda to get wasted. Journey vs result if you will.

• TruDogTruDog Posts: 8,325 ✭✭✭✭✭

...Pour'N...