Home General Discussion

Shipping

d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,701 ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe some of the reason shipping takes so long with UPS. Apparently they have facilities in Saddlebrooke and Secaucus NJ. These facilities are less than 20 minutes apart according to the arrival and departure times. I currently have a shipment that has been back and forth between them for two day. Now it has to get to KC and be transferred to the USPS for delivery.I'd much rather pay approximately $1.00 more in shipping charges, get a package delivered in three days and only handled by one shipper. Rant over.

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.

Comments

• CAcigarguy007CAcigarguy007 Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭✭✭

Agree! Famous gives you that option and it's nice. They also charge us CA folks an exorbitant signature fee so I've been avoiding them. CI charges much less but charges it on everything, even non tobacco items. Very strange but I digress.

I've actually been more inclined to buy 10 packs and lower from places since they typically ship it USPS and it ends up being two days vs 7 or more for UPS. Even at CP, better to order 10 packs in multiple transactions, always comes USPS that way and they never consolidate orders, even if ordered the same day.

I'm pretty sure it's anything over a pound and it goes UPS, under a pound, USPS. It's about a buck difference with bulk discounts. I'd like the option to pay it also.

• ForMudForMud Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CAcigarguy007 said:
    Agree! Famous gives you that option and it's nice. They also charge us CA folks an exorbitant signature fee so I've been avoiding them.

We have the same thing in Delaware.....Auctioneer is the the only place that does it, so I've stopped using then. With $14 added to each order, their lower prices, aren't low anymore.

• YaksterYakster Posts: 25,529 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ditto, made me switch to CP and the DD where I get free shipping to CA.

I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭

I got spoiled when I lived in NY. If I ordered before 2 PM, I got my cigars the next morning. Apparently they went from ccom to the UPS facility in Syracuse and then directly to Ithaca the next morning.