Home Cigar 101

Zippo brand single flame insert

Years ago I purchased a Z insert. Small reservoir, failed after a month or two. May have been the butane.

Has anyone tried the Zippo branded inserts?

Comments

• StubbleStubble Posts: 8,177 ✭✭✭✭✭

Only had mine for a couple weeks, but they seem to be higher quality. Still a small reservior. YMMV...

Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • BKDogBKDog Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nah.

"Love is a dung heap, Betty and I am but a c.o.c.k. that climbs upon it to crow."
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2020

4.4 out of 5 stars with nearly three thousand reviews on Amazon. It's probably worth the $13 gamble. I have considered buying one as Zippos are timeless classics.

Edit: definitely don't use zippo butane.

• ForMudForMud Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭✭✭

Got an off brand insert...My go to lighter.

Ever burns great with some 15+ year old Ronson butane I got sitting around....Which means it'll burn diesel fuel and kerosene too.....

• KidSmoker_1KidSmoker_1 Posts: 5

Thank you for the answers. Spent more on lighters that didn’t work before this. So I’ll take a Chance.

Agree on fuel. Buy the best and have no regrets.

• logan_042logan_042 Posts: 88 ✭✭✭✭

Hopefully their build quality has improved. I bought one of the original Zippo Blu butane lighters and it’s been a problem child. A real shame as I really prefer it to the double torch I’ve been using lately. Let us know how it works for you if you buy one. I’ve got an old Zippo I don’t use and wouldn’t mind buying an insert if it works well.

• KidSmoker_1KidSmoker_1 Posts: 5

Traditional Zippos use lighter fluid. Makes the cigar taste bad.

I've been rehabbing some old butane lighters. Biggest problem I've run into is finding adapter tips for good butane cans. The old lighters have many different valves/systems. They do not fill very well with modern tipped butane cans.

• ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,284 ✭✭✭✭✭

My son bought this dual torch insert for his Sterling silver Zippo.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.