Home General Discussion

Man O’ War Salomons

logan_042logan_042 Posts: 88 ✭✭✭✭

I recently ordered a sampler pack of 12 Man O’ War Salomons. What is the appropriate way to light one of these? Specifically the foot appears to be covered by the wrapper how do I light the foot appropriately?

Comments

• Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭

If I may add a little to Bob's comments, one of the things that the little "nipple" described does for you is to give you a greater proportion of wrapper for those first few puffs. I like AF Hemingways a lot, they have the same feature. I will light these with a soft flame, rather than my usual torch. Then blow on it to get it well lit and even, and hold it upright, like a candle while resting between puffs. Take your time.

The objective is an even burn. Sometimes you will not achieve this no matter how hard you try due to inconsistencies within the cigar. Take a torch to even it up, carefully. If I can accomplish all of this, the cigar is lit with less overall heat to the tip, the body is infused with more wrapper flavor, just a better overall experience.

If all of the above seems to be failing, I snip the tip as Bob described and start over with a torch as if lighting any conventionally cut cigar.

Hope this helps. I almost bit on those Salomons, they're pretty good, but I've overspent recently. It's an old story around here.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Amos_Umwhat said:
    I almost bit on those Salomons, they're pretty good, but I've overspent recently.

Me too, and me too. They're a good deal.

Don't look ↑
  • logan_042logan_042 Posts: 88 ✭✭✭✭

@Amos_Umwhat i can understand the overspending. Cigar purchasing appears to be an addictive past time 😂

Thank you all for the advice. I’m looking forward to smoking these when they arrive. My humidor is already full so I think I’ll be making a tupperdore when they arrive.

• logan_042logan_042 Posts: 88 ✭✭✭✭

@VegasFrank if I can ever afford to fill them up I’ll have at least two or three coolers 😆

• CAcigarguy007CAcigarguy007 Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭✭✭

^^^^Agree, I try and keep all my burned stuff as smoking clothes, I've ruined so many things that I now have a collection of pants, shorts, jackets, and sweaters to choose from :) .

Me too, I just call it my wardrobe

Don't look ↑
  • ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,284 ✭✭✭✭✭

I usually just clip off the nub. I'm too impatient.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• VisionVision Posts: 7,764 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CAcigarguy007 said:
    ^^^^Agree, I try and keep all my burned stuff as smoking clothes, I've ruined so many things that I now have a collection of pants, shorts, jackets, and sweaters to choose from :) .

And everyone makes fun on my army clothes. Paid close to nothing and don’t worry about burns!

No one's making fun of you bro, you're a sexy beast in those!

Don't look ↑
  • VisionVision Posts: 7,764 ✭✭✭✭✭

;)