Home Pipes

2020 CCOM Forum Top 10 pipe tobacco blends of the Year (voting)

YaksterYakster Posts: 25,527 ✭✭✭✭✭

Inspired by the CCOM Forum Top 25 cigar threads that act as a great guide for looking for a good cigar, I've decided to try out a top 10 pipe tobacco blends since it seems like we're seeing more members lured to the pipey side of the Tobacco hobby.

What was your top tobacco blend of this year? It doesn't have to be a new release, there's no limit to the number of blends you can list.

I'll tally the results and post the collective results, and I'll randomly draw one lucky contributor and send out some pipe tobacco or cigars.

This could get interesting.

I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
Tagged:

Comments

• StubbleStubble Posts: 8,177 ✭✭✭✭✭

WCC Watch City Slices
    KBV Zombie English
    KBV Live Wire
    WCC Undead Scottsman
    F&T Cut Virgina Plug

Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,044 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2020

new to me, courtesy Stubble and NorCal -- Watch City Rouxgaroux

PSLNF

• StubbleStubble Posts: 8,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2020

Rattray's Wallace Flake
    PS LBF
    4th Gen. 1931
    G&H Rum Flake

Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?

SG 1792

• VisionVision Posts: 7,764 ✭✭✭✭✭

WCC Stubbs Pipe

It’s really the only one I’ve had the pleasure of smoking this year and it staying lit.

It’s always weird for me to admit I’m smoking Stubb’s pipe..... no matter the way you look at it.

edited November 2020

Damn.... he owes me $15!

@IndustMech said:

@Vision said:
    It’s always weird for me to admit I’m smoking Stubb’s pipe..... no matter the way you look at it.

20 bucks...

• Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2020

Oh gosh, hmm, let's see:

G.L.Pease Odyssey; Stonehenge Flake

C&D Star of the East Flake

SPC Plum Pudding Special Reserve; Rainier Levant

W. O. Larsen 1864

Esoterica Pembroke

I think that'll do it. for now. Truthfully, my favorite blend is one that I did myself, but I doubt that would count for two reasons. One, I did it myself, and Two, it can't be reproduced as about 75% of it came from McClelland blending tobaccos, which no longer exist.

I never named it, but I guess I could call it something, hmmm, how about:

"Spirit of Genghis",

as it blends tobaccos from the far east all the way to the far west and it can kickass, as well as be intriguingly seductive.

Yeah, that's the ticket!

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • NorCalR1NorCalR1 Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭✭✭

Watch City Rouxgaroux
    SG Rum Flake
    LJ Perreti Thanksgiving
    KBV Yoshi’s Vizmir

If you want to bomb me send it to Tony @0patience :D
    If you are a newbie I got Dem nachos....

• NorCalR1NorCalR1 Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭✭✭

Balkan Sobranie
    McClelland Red Flake

If you want to bomb me send it to Tony @0patience :D
    If you are a newbie I got Dem nachos....

• YaksterYakster Posts: 25,527 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for bumping this thread, David, I kinda forgot about it.

I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would love to give an opinion but I have smoked so little this year and nothing new. Just my go to McClelland Holiday Spirit and C&D Autumn Evening. I may have had some Cavendish in the Woods and a Peterson Christmas from years ago. I stocked up on a few KBV blends and jarred them and let me tell you they all smell amazing. As soon as I can start smoking again I will be sampling those KBV jars. Keep posting what you guys like this year. I am keeping an eye out for new stuff to add to the cellar.