Home Cigar 101

Undercrown Dogma & ShadyXX

TheKrakenTheKraken Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭✭✭

I looked around and couldn't find a ton of info explaining the difference between the Undercrown Maduro and the Dogma and ShadyXX other than these two are box pressed and the ShadyXX is a belicoso.

Wondering if anyone has had these and would care to share their thoughts as they are now available. I seem to remember @CommanderDuke1_ with some Dogmas, could be wrong though.

Comments

• VisionVision Posts: 7,764 ✭✭✭✭✭

The original ¡Viva! was a tremendous cigar.

• VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have some dogmas too. 2018 version. I like the UC maduros and I like the dogmas. That's my comparison.

Don't look ↑
  • VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2020

Just reread my post. Kind of curmudgeonly. What I meant to say, @TheKraken is that they taste more or less the same as the standard big UC Maduro, so all you're paying for is the extra band and box pressed vitola. I'd have liked to see an additional nuance or an uptick in strength or something, but it's the same blend in a different mold.

Post edited by VegasFrank on
    Don't look ↑
  • TheKrakenTheKraken Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2020

Wow, getting in the Christmas spirit i see @VegasFrank haha. Didn't take it curmudgeonly at all, but thanks for the deeper nuance. Really like the UC and have been curious

• deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭

I always took it that they where just a special size made originally just for the cigar dojo