Home Cigar 101

La Aurora Puro Vintage 2003

Hello all. I received a La Aurora Puro Vintage 2003 as a gift back in 2016. It is still in cellophane wrapping. I cannot find any information as to what it's worth or where to possibly list it for sale. Hopefully someone has some insight on the value of this cigar. I really appreciate any, and all, help. Thanks.

Comments

• peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,315 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cigars are meant to be smoked.

Has it been stored properly before you got it? After you got it? If not, it can't be smoked and it's worth bupkis.

In my limited experience, I've never heard of that being a sought-after cigar; even if it's in perfect condition and stored well, I doubt that it's worth $10.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Yes. It has been stored properly before, and after I received it. The research I was doing showed a box of 18 of the 2006 for sale of upwards of $350. I appreciate the response and was kind of expecting this outcome!

• peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,315 ✭✭✭✭✭

If you've seen a box for sale somewhere specifically, then you've answered your own question and knew the answer before you asked it. Methinks what you're really asking is, is there anyone here that wants to buy it.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Lol. I said a box of 2006. I have a single 2003. If I wanted to ask if anyone wants to buy it, I'd ask if anyone wants to buy it. You seem like a real stand up guy.

• VisionVision Posts: 7,764 ✭✭✭✭✭

@nicknovemberthird said:
    Lol. I said a box of 2006. I have a single 2003. If I wanted to ask if anyone wants to buy it, I'd ask if anyone wants to buy it. You seem like a real stand up guy.

I think you’ll find hundreds of members to vouch for Peter as a very standup guy. May not want to attack a vital member of the forum. To your question. A cigar has no intrinsic value. Most of us have purchased $30 MSRP cigars for $10 and $10 MSRP cigars for two dollars. That cigar alone might be worth $5-$25 bucks to the right person. Here it would be worth smoking and posting a picture in the what are you smoking today thread and telling us what you think.

• How am I attacking anyone? I come here, make an account, post one question, and am ridiculed and blamed for trying to sell a cigar. You guys are actually a joke, wow. Keep talking down to people through a screen. God for bid someone stands up to your ever so "vital" member. Shove it bud, lol.

• PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭✭✭

First, that cigar is not from 2003, and second, it is worth what someone is willing to pay. I have a couple left from a box that I got cheap in 2013, it is also a huge cigar (Solomon). As was stated if you really want to sell it (DZR) start at whatever number you want, some shops add 10% give or take for each year. Good luck finding that buyer.
    Here you go, this should clear things up, too.
    https://halfwheel.com/la-aurora-puro-vintage-2003/50175/

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭✭✭

I also bought them because they were so cheap and as a novelty. Smoked one at the time and gifted all but the one I smoked and one or two more out. This cigar sucked in 13 father time will not be kind to it in my opinion.

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.

@nicknovemberthird said:
    How am I attacking anyone? I come here, make an account, post one question, and am ridiculed and blamed for trying to sell a cigar. You guys are actually a joke, wow. Keep talking down to people through a screen. God for bid someone stands up to your ever so "vital" member. Shove it bud, lol.

My my touchy. I figure that cigar is big enough for you to enjoy it..... Or you could try smoking it. You’re the next one on a list of many to come and go taking their thin skin with them. 😘

@NorCalR1 said:

@Vision said:

@nicknovemberthird said:
    How am I attacking anyone? I come here, make an account, post one question, and am ridiculed and blamed for trying to sell a cigar. You guys are actually a joke, wow. Keep talking down to people through a screen. God for bid someone stands up to your ever so "vital" member. Shove it bud, lol.

My my touchy. I figure that cigar is big enough for you to enjoy it..... Or you could try smoking it. You’re the next one on a list of many to come and go taking their thin skin with them. 😘

Don’t scare the poor dude off I wanted to grab that stogie off him.
    I’ve been looking for one since 2003.

I see what you did there.

• VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, stored correctly. Sure. You ask about what an everyday yardgar from 15 years ago is worth, but you stored it correctly for 15 years. Blow me.

Don't look ↑
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2020

@nicknovemberthird said:

Pay no attention to those guys. They're just jealous, because none of them has a 17 year old yard 'gar in their sock drawer.

Now, what I'm really interested in is some counterfeit Padillas. Got any of those?

But first, I need to know:

Are you, by any chance, from California?

Have you been recently nominated to a cabinet position under the new Harris administration?

I mean, Biden / Harris?

This is important info, please respond accurately, Komrade.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain

Honestly. Send it to me. I’ll make a donation to a charity of your choice for $25.

• d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭✭✭

@nicknovemberthird said:
    Lol. I said a box of 2006. I have a single 2003. If I wanted to ask if anyone wants to buy it, I'd ask if anyone wants to buy it. You seem like a real stand up guy.

You ask what it's worth. That's a seller's question.

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.

• GaryThompsonGaryThompson Posts: 952 ✭✭✭✭✭

“” I figure that cigar is big enough for you to enjoy it..... Or you could try smoking it.””

@Vision

😆😆😆😆😆😆

Laughed so loud I had to try and explain to wifey why I was busting up..

@GaryThompson said:
    “” I figure that cigar is big enough for you to enjoy it..... Or you could try smoking it.””

@Vision

😆😆😆😆😆😆

Laughed so loud I had to try and explain to wifey why I was busting up..

Thank you for catching that. Subtle but effective.