Home Cigar 101

Humidor question

PthompPthomp Posts: 1

Being a novice at Cigar storage, this may sound basic to all of you. I would like to know if you take the plastic wrapper off the cigars before placing them in the humidor? I would think you would, but I don’t know. Thank you for any information.

Comments

• StubbleStubble Posts: 8,177 ✭✭✭✭✭

I leave them on.

Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • CtheHamCtheHam Posts: 205 ✭✭✭✭

What they said.
    @Pthomp sick around, introduce yourself and read though the forum. I am a bit of a noob myself, and have found this forum to be the best that I have found. Very informative, fun and welcoming.

• ForMudForMud Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm to lazy to take them off.....But they make great fire starters.

• YaksterYakster Posts: 25,529 ✭✭✭✭✭

Some brands use plastic instead of cello, they don't burst into flame and smell bad when burnt.

I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,284 ✭✭✭✭✭

You're supposed to take the cellophane off before you light it?

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ShawnOL said:
    You're supposed to take the cellophane off before you light it?

But, not the cedar wrap, right?

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain