Home Non Cigar Related

This concert is going be good!

jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
Got my pre-sale tickets today to see Sevendust, Drowning Pool, Digital Summer, and Down From Up on February 26th. All for the low price of $9.98. Sevendust is one of my favorite bands. I like some of Drowning Pool but have never really gotten into them. Digital Summer is my favorite up and coming band I discovered on Twitter. Down From Up ?? Never heard of them.

There is a good chance I will get to help with the show and meet all the bands. I joined the Digital Summer street team and have been promoting them a bunch this last year. One of the guys contacted me today and is working out some details.

It is another day of cigars, Chinese food, and kick butt music with my brother-in-law. Very good chance of meeting some of my favorite bands too. Way excited!

Comments

• stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Holy Crap Dude!
    That sounds like a ton of fun....
    I need to search for some shows around here. (all typed while listening to "Worth The Pain")
  • kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    Thats a great deal i'd pay 9.98 to see each of those bands ...... iam big into sevendust and drowning pool
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    kingjk729:
    Thats a great deal i'd pay 9.98 to see each of those bands ...... iam big into sevendust and drowning pool
    If you like them check out http://www.myspace.com/digitalsummer and give them a listen. This is gonna be one hell of a show!
  • haywood5150haywood5150 Posts: 35
    Sevendust is definately one of my favorite bands. Gotta love the their southside double wide acoustic album. Man, I just looked up their tour schedule and the same tour is gonna be here in cali on Mar 10. Just might have to buy some tickets.
    haywood5150:
    Sevendust is definately one of my favorite bands. Gotta love the their southside double wide acoustic album. Man, I just looked up their tour schedule and the same tour is gonna be here in cali on Mar 10. Just might have to buy some tickets.
    Word of advice. Buy those tickets fast. Yesterday was the presale and they sold out before they were available to the general public. Our rock station 98.9 The Rock does presale tickets with a password they email you. Don't know if your rock station there does the same thing but jump fast!
    This concert was amazing! Not only was I at the very front the entire concert to see one of my favorite bands of all time, Sevendust. I also got to meet every member of my favorite new band, take a few pics with them, and get all of their autographs. The guys from Digital Summer were so cool and their new cd rocks. Check them out on Myspace and give them a listen. This concert was insane. I was able to snag 2 Sevendust guitar picks also during the show. What an amazing day. I smoked 3 cigars, ate fancy food, had Oban 14 year single malt scotch, and Gulden Draak Belgium Beer. I can't wait for Rockfest 2010. Any of you close to KC want to go please let me know. I will post up the line up and date as soon as I know it. Tickets run $20 for about 16 bands.
  • Thanks for the heads up on digital summer I have heard whatever it takes and disconnect before but never knew the artist..... Now I'm gonna have to buy the cd.... Lol
    I already have their new cd, Counting The Hours, which I picked up at the show. It has 16 songs on it including a few from their EP Hollow. Awesome cd! You can pre-order it off their website autographed for $12. I think it will be on itunes also. These guys were super cool and I hope they will be back this summer for Rockfest. Definitely pick up their cds if you liked those songs. Any of you guys like music like Sevendust should check them out on MySpace and listen to a few songs.
  • cholmes8310cholmes8310 Posts: 1,585
    I'll have to check those last two guys out... Sevendust is awesome, but I'm not sure how Drowning Pool sounds now? Their lead singer died a while back. Didn't even know they were touring. New guy sound like the old lead singer (he was also lead singer of Soil)?
  • I just went to OTEP/Bury Your Dead/Through the Eyes of the Dead. A fantastic show. Through the Eyes of the Dead stole it IMHO. I'm looking forward to August Burns Red in April and Mushroomhead next month.
    B.Y.D.= same show over and over. I've seen them like 3 times and it was the same set. They had the same crowd interaction everything, it was weird.
    Do Through the Eyes of the Dead program the drums?
    The album I downloaded sounded so much like EZ Drummer that I was kinda put off.

• stephen_hannibal:
    B.Y.D.= same show over and over. I've seen them like 3 times and it was the same set. They had the same crowd interaction everything, it was weird.
    The album I downloaded sounded so much like EZ Drummer that I was kinda put off.

They don't program their drums. The drummer is totally sick! I've seen them twice and they never fail to amaze me. He has a couple of you tube videos, you should check them out.
    These Filthy Hands:
    stephen_hannibal:

They don't program their drums. The drummer is totally sick! I've seen them twice and they never fail to amaze me. He has a couple of you tube videos, you should check them out.

Just checked out their myspace the songs on The new album sound much better than on Bloodlust.
    Being a mix engineer everything has to sound pristine... I'll give this another go.

• stephen_hannibal:
    These Filthy Hands:
    stephen_hannibal:

Just checked out their myspace the songs on The new album sound much better than on Bloodlust.
    Being a mix engineer everything has to sound pristine... I'll give this another go.

Skepsis is phenominal. I havn't been able to stop listening to it since I got it.
  • denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    These Filthy Hands:
    I just went to OTEP/Bury Your Dead/Through the Eyes of the Dead. A fantastic show. Through the Eyes of the Dead stole it IMHO. I'm looking forward to August Burns Red in April and Mushroomhead next month.
    Saw OTEP about 6 years ago when they were on tour for their Sevas Tra album with 3rd Strike. Shes crazy. Does she still rock the pigs head on the microphone stand? That girl has issues
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    I saw Sevendust like 11 or 10 years ago, right after Home came out. Dope opened for them, it was a great show, definately a very high-energy crowd.
  • denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    I've always like Dope's music.