Home Cigar 101

Humidification devices

DiasFlakDiasFlak Posts: 342 ✭✭
i was looking at this http://www.cigar.com/cigars/viewcigar.asp?prod=M-COH400-XLPLUS and it seems like a great thing to use alot less work and im gonna get a 500 humidor this time and if this machine works well i am willing to spend the buck and get it i like things that are easy to use! but id also like to know what everyone uses and recommends and thinks about all the other devices

Comments

• j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    You cannot go wrong with the Cigar Oasis XL. I have one in my 120 quart coolerdor that I use for box aging and it keeps the humidity in check perfectly without me needing to check on it but once a month to make sure the batteries are holding up and the water level is ok. Definitely an investment worth making if you're going with a large humidor.
  • urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    Yep. An excellent investment. The best thing I know of for reliable humidification.
  • DiasFlakDiasFlak Posts: 342 ✭✭
    hmmmmmm well thank you all for your insight!
  • madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    I love mine. The only warning I will give you is NEVER, EVER f'ing EVER trust the built in hygro.
    The hygro on mine actually seems to be pretty accurate. I agree, though, that one should have a separate one, to double-check.
  • DiasFlakDiasFlak Posts: 342 ✭✭
    madurofan:
    I love mine. The only warning I will give you is NEVER, EVER f'ing EVER trust the built in hygro.
    ill try the salt test on my new one its an analog .. oohwell i got a digital around here somewhere but if the analog one on it has a plastic cover i sware ill shoot it!
    My built in hygrometer on the Oasis is off by about 2.5% on the low side. So if that is the worst deviation, I don't think it would be too bad to rely on it. I'm trying not to be quite so **** retentive about keeping a perfect humidity, and just kind of let the cigars be without looking at them every day. Less worrying = more enjoyment.
    j0z3r:
    Less worrying = more enjoyment.
    Definitely.
    j0z3r:
    My built in hygrometer on the Oasis is off by about 2.5% on the low side. So if that is the worst deviation, I don't think it would be too bad to rely on it. I'm trying not to be quite so **** retentive about keeping a perfect humidity, and just kind of let the cigars be without looking at them every day. Less worrying = more enjoyment.
    I've heard as much as 17% off ... mine is 8% off, I think.
    wow, that's quite a deviation.
    Yea scary huh? The guy who had that 17% off, he said the contacted Oasis about it and they said it wasn't meant to be used as a hygro only for the purpose of adjustment.