Home Cigar 101

How many 320 gram packs for 70 quart cooler

TexasToastTexasToast Posts: 37 ✭✭

Heard of people putting like 6 in a 70 quarts, seems like overkill to me. I was thinking two 320 gram 72 percents and air pillows to fill in the gaps until I get some more sticks

Comments

• VisionVision Posts: 7,764 ✭✭✭✭✭

72 what???

• TexasToastTexasToast Posts: 37 ✭✭

@Vision whats going on man, 72% bovedas

• YaksterYakster Posts: 25,527 ✭✭✭✭✭

Texas. Derate that to something lower elsewhere.

I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )

Like 72RH to charge your 65RH/69RH that you’ll place in the cooler? I might not go with 72s my good man. Long term storage maybe.... maybe. I would be sub 70

I use 65s like a champ.... or chimp.... same thing.

Post whoring... sorry. To your original question 5-6 won’t hurt. That’s about 500-750 cigars ish

@Vision how many cigars does that 70 quart usually hold? And got it 5-6 320 grams, I take it only two wouldn’t be enough lol

edited January 2021

Maybe to start. But soon enough you’ll have 1000 cigars and wish you had more Boveda

@Vision cool I’ll probably go with 5 packs. Seems like a good enough number. How long do those 320g packs usually last?

• Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TexasToast said:

Heard of people putting like 6 in a 70 quarts, seems like overkill to me. I was thinking two 320 gram 72 percents and air pillows to fill in the gaps until I get some more sticks

Two 320s should be enough, but you can never have too many. I meant that it won't over-humidify if you have more than the minimum in there..... but don't go with the 72% ,..... too "moist". Use 65% or 69%.

We are happy to help but be prepared for some griping about multiple threads started on basically the same subject. To avoid that, you could keep additional coolidor questions in one thread. There will still be plenty of help available.

• ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,284 ✭✭✭✭✭

How long will they last?

They're rechargeable.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭

The 320 are the big ones, they look like an air filter for the furnace. 2 would be enough. If you get the smaller 60 gram packs then 6-10 of those but go with a 65 or 69 %

• PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭✭✭

One will be plenty in a 70 I keep 2 in 120 and have no issues.

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.

@TexasToast said:
    @Vision cool I’ll probably go with 5 packs. Seems like a good enough number. How long do those 320g packs usually last?

5 is way to many.

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.

@Patrickbrick said:

@TexasToast said:

5 is way to many.

Let’s assume he hasn’t been in the hobby for 5+ years. Let’s also assume he got a cooler because he wants to amass a collection of cigars hence the 70qt cooler. Number one. What’s the harm in having more? Two. Nice to have them on hand as you grow your collection. Three. “ Think of it like this: one 320g is good for up to 125 cigars in a wood humidor. Up to 250 in something more efficient, like a cooler or well-sealed wineador.” Quick math says 4 should be awesome for a 1000 cigars. Ok maybe he goes nuts on boxes of 20. Then sure. 3 would be awesome. How many new guys jump right into boxes tho?

• WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

How many new guys go nuts on 320 gram Bovedas?

"Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...

Those things are **** huge one will still be fine in a cooler of that size with a decent seal, even without boxes, I think many over think the empty space thing when there is no wood drying out around the cigars. A humidor can dry out without the cigars, a cooler will not absorb the humidity from the pack like wood.. This is my personal experience, but as always this is my opinion and I always recommend trial and error on each individual's needs. If it were me I would put 5 or so of the smaller 60gram ones and distribute around the cooler.

MOW badge received.

As to how long they last, I have been using the big ass ones for a couple years and never had to recharge. I have several 60 gram ones that are seven or so years old without needing a recharge. I did recently replace a few though that were looking their age. Depends on storage conditions, I also a bunch of 60 gram that I recharge a few times a year.

MOW badge received.
    edited January 2021

@TexasToast

I would go with what Patrick said. He would know better as he uses coolers. I use Wineadors so take my advice with a grain of salt.