Home Ratings & Reviews

Rocky Patel Cuban Blend

fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
I picked up these from another site. I think they are made by RP for them exclusively. It had a jet black wrapper and reminded me of the Partagas Black Label a lot. I was impressed with this stick and will look for some more. If you run across some give them a try.

Comments

• KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    fla-gypsy:
    I picked up these from another site. I think they are made by RP for them exclusively. It had a jet black wrapper and reminded me of the Partagas Black Label a lot. I was impressed with this stick and will look for some more. If you run across some give them a try.
    Rocky makes about a billion "exclusive" brands for B&Ms....hence the "Royal Vintage"..."Ocean Club.." etc. I really wish he would just concentrate on a smaller amount of cigars and make those taste more amazing. I kinda get tired of hearing..."Another exclusive blend by Rocky Patel....only sold here!"

"Long ashes my friends."

• fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    I know what you mean Krieg, but this one was actually better than most and I got it cheap. I just tried some RP Puro Cubano's (same deal) but so far I do not get the same fuzzy feeling about these. Jury is still out.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I've tried the Cuban blend and I seem to recall enjoying it, been a while though and I do have some camping in the humi...maybe I ought to bust one out and see if I still enjoy it.
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    fla-gypsy:
    I know what you mean Krieg, but this one was actually better than most and I got it cheap. I just tried some RP Puro Cubano's (same deal) but so far I do not get the same fuzzy feeling about these. Jury is still out.
    how was the burn? I had some royal vintages, and every one of them had burn issues. I kinda think someitmes that these "exclusive" brands aren't put through the highest QA check as his regular sticks.

"Long ashes my friends."

• fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    The Cuban Blend was not bad on burn, the Puro Cubano not so good. One came unwrapped during the burn cycle. I suspect you are right about the quality.