Home Ratings & Reviews

montecristo 75th anniversary

has anyone else had this cigar? I had it with a glass of makers mark. It was amazing!

Comments

• PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    smbrink:
    has anyone else had this cigar? I had it with a glass of makers mark. It was amazing!
    I've never seen them, but anything that goes well with a glass of Maker's sounds damn good to me!
  • shamrockedshamrocked Posts: 285
    maker's or knob creek that is - i haven't tried very many montecristos and i have never seen that one anywhere
  • cholmes8310cholmes8310 Posts: 1,585
    smbrink:
    I've been thinking about picking one up here locally. I really like Montecristo cigars, but was waiting until I saw good things about it. Like to see a good review before dropping $16 on a cigar.
  • RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    smbrink:
    I have had several Monte's not this one. But I did Pick up this Great Montecristo Humi,Ash,Tray,Expresso cup and saucer set for 25 bucks at a local Thrift Store this week.... SCORE! Monti Cristo Humi and Ash tray
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    Redtailhawkoz:
    smbrink:
    I have had several Monte's not this one. But I did Pick up this Great Montecristo Humi,Ash,Tray,Expresso cup and saucer set for 25 bucks at a local Thrift Store this week.... SCORE! Monti Cristo Humi and Ash tray
    Damn nice find!
  • RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    Thats what I thought! LOL Now if all you guys could show up at My house we could have a smoke and some Expresso! I think it would be an awesomething for all of us to get together!
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Since the lawsuit with Tat I have been boycotting Monte's. I bought a box of whites a while back before learning of the issues between the two companies. After the crap they put Tat through I won't be buying anymore of their products.
  • urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    I don't guess I've heard about that. It'd take a lot to run me off my Monte Whites, though.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    They sued tat for using the symbol. I do agree though, I love the whites.
  • cholmes8310cholmes8310 Posts: 1,585
    urbino:
    I don't guess I've heard about that. It'd take a lot to run me off my Monte Whites, though.
    Yeah, nothings gonna keep me from the whites. Monte White's and RYJ Reserva Real are the reasons I started smoking cigars.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    phobicsquirrel:
    They sued tat for using the symbol. I do agree though, I love the whites.
    Altadis was just sore because PJ and DPG make better cigars than their own Montecristo line. :)

And I might be mistaken, but I don't think Montecristo or Altadis created the fleur de lis that is found on Tatuaje cigars. Just another example of a big guy trying to stifle competition by picking on a little guy.
    cholmes8310:
    urbino:
    Yeah, nothings gonna keep me from the whites. Monte White's and RYJ Reserva Real are the reasons I started smoking cigars.
    A man after my own heart.

J0z3r, on the other hand, is skating on thin ice. I got my eye on you, bub.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    For the record urbs, I do enjoy the Monte White, but I think that's the only NC Montecristo I like.
    It's been a long time since I had the regular Monte, but I don't care for the Serie C or the Platinum. The Media Noche is a good cigar, I just don't smoke maduros much.
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the regular Monte and the Media Noche. I've had a few different cigars from them and I've liked everything I've had.

I understand the suit has been settled with Tat making "minor" adjustments to their labels. From some of the articles I read, Montecristo took some heat for filing the suit in the first place, even though they had been using the fleur de lis symbol for some time. It was sort of the Goliath v. David image which rubbed some people the wrong way.