Home General Discussion

Audew Cigar Cooler

I need help! I received an Audew for Christmas. I have looked at videos on how to season it and have done it step by step and still can't get humidity where I want it. Can anyone give me some tips on how to get my humidity right.

Comments

• CalvinAndHoboCalvinAndHobo Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭✭✭

No.

• Cam_91Cam_91 Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭✭✭

Did you calibrate your hygrometer correctly?

• VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have one of those. I didn't season the thing, just went with it. What are you using to season it? What are you using to humidify it? What RH are you trying to maintain? What is your RH now? We need info, man!

Oh, and is it the 150 or the 300?

Don't look ↑

Here's mine...the red one on top. It's a 300.

Don't look ↑
  • ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,284 ✭✭✭✭✭

Unplug it, put in cigars, add boveda until humidity is right.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• MCarter0608MCarter0608 Posts: 8

@VegasFrank said:
    I have one of those. I didn't season the thing, just went with it. What are you using to season it? What are you using to humidify it? What RH are you trying to maintain? What is your RH now? We need info, man!

Using Distilled water,humidity gives a 69,my th now is 78. It's the 150

@Cam_91 said:
    Did you calibrate your hygrometer correctly?

Yes I did

@MCarter0608 said:

@VegasFrank said:

Distilled water, like in that little container that comes with it? That's no good bruh. Maybe for seasoning, but not for regular humidification. Way too much. 78 is way too high obviously. Open the door for an hour, throw some 65 bovedas in there, then close it and you'll be fine.

Don't look ↑

@VegasFrank said:

@MCarter0608 said:

@VegasFrank said:

Distilled water, like in that little container that comes with it? That's no good bruh. Maybe for seasoning, but not for regular humidification. Way too much. 78 is way too high obviously. Open the door for an hour, throw some 65 bovedas in there, then close it and you'll be fine.

Thank you my friend,but let me ask you this. Once I put my bovedas in there will it be ok to put cigars back in?

Yep. Fill away.

Don't look ↑

Ok I will keep you posted