Home General Discussion

Lgc colleccion reserva disappearing?

ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,284 ✭✭✭✭✭

Went online to check the price on a box and found that a lot of places are sold out. I think they've come to the end of their run. I managed to find a site that still had some fivers and grabbed four. Just a fyi if you're looking to get some more.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

Comments

• ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,284 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks, Edward. That first price was definitely a good one. I should have asked the botl before jumping on the first place I found some. Either way, have some on the way.

• NorCalR1NorCalR1 Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭✭✭

Damn I hate it when the stop production of a great cigar. Hard to beat for the price.

If you want to bomb me send it to Tony @0patience :D
    If you are a newbie I got Dem nachos....

• CAcigarguy007CAcigarguy007 Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭✭✭

They've been endangered for a while now. The real problem is finding any that are actually in stock, a lot of places just forget to update inventory so you order and then get a call, or worse, nothing until you call, only to find out you've been skunked. Great cigar.

edited February 2021

@NorCalR1 said:
    Damn I hate it when the stop production of a great cigar. Hard to beat for the price.

I'd rather them stop production than try and change the makeup of the cigar components and pass it off as original or the same blend, hoping to skate on reputation or label. It sucks when you restock only to find out the blend has been altered, wrapper changed, or construction/production changes and it simply isn't the same cigar.

It seems the only way to combat this is to hoard first production runs or only buy from a handful of manufacturers that are known for consistent product. Cigars are much like wine, not every vintage is great but it's harder to identify beyond first runs with cigars. It's why I'd like to see lot coding and/or component information for consumers to seek targeted cigar acquisitions.

@peter4jc said:
    I didn't hoard any. Please don't storm my castle looking for any. I am locked and loaded if you decide it's worth the risk.

I have to thank Peter for his advice when they were on auctioneer for $41 a box. They said I am not a hoarder either..

@NorCalR1 said:

@peter4jc said:
    I didn't hoard any. Please don't storm my castle looking for any. I am locked and loaded if you decide it's worth the risk.

I have to thank Peter for his advice when they were on auctioneer for $41 a box. They said I am not a hoarder either..

Dam, if you scored some at $41 a box, you scored a hellofa deal! I would have swooped all they had while smiling and laughing like a maniac. Sweet score!

• YaksterYakster Posts: 25,527 ✭✭✭✭✭

@NorCalR1 said:

@peter4jc said:

I remember those prices when they were first introduced.

I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,284 ✭✭✭✭✭

Where the hell was I? I'd have bought four boxes.

@ShawnOL said:
    Where the hell was I? I'd have bought four boxes.

If memory serves me it was 2018