Home General Discussion

Recommendations Tamarindo

Greetings all! I'm vacationing in Costa Rica and wondered if anyone could point me to the best cigar shop in Tamarindo. There's some pretty touristy stuff there, and the couple places I've found seem to have a very limited selection and very pricy. Any lesser known spots I should check out? Thank you kindly. 🙏🏽

Comments

• deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭

Never been there but if it’s touristy then there should be a Casa del Habanos there. Take the checkbook with you.

• VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,589 ✭✭✭✭✭

True ^

Don't buy Cubans outside of a Habanos place. They're fake, 100 percent.

You could see if the Selected Tobacco factory does tours. They make Byron, Atabey, and Bandalero in Costa Rica.

Good luck and have fun!

Don't look ↑
  • EgoBoundaryEgoBoundary Posts: 2,159 ✭✭✭✭✭

@VegasFrank is absolutely right, I would stay away from any store that isn’t an official Habanos SA retailer.

You can be in Cuba, just one foot outside of the partagas factory and buy a cigar, that cigar is fake. Inside the store, that cigar is real. This is something I learned the hard way.

• YaksterYakster Posts: 25,534 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think the closest Habanos SA retailer is about 4.5 hours away from Tamarindo.

I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭

Buy some local stuff

• YaksterYakster Posts: 25,534 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, cigars with Costa Rican wrappers!

I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )