Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

Alec Bradley MAXX

I have been smoking this cigar for about 2 years now about every other week and have never had one that failed me. this one has been my first and only goto cigar. I have had some pretty special times with this cigar and with the Tempus as well. I have searched far and wide to find another that was like the Maxx but have hence failed in my search. could anyone give me a suggestion? Also I would like your reviews on this stick as well just to see what you guys think. Thank you for your time.

Comments

• Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    I would give either the RP Edge Series a try. I have had the MAXX Brazil, SCR, Harvest Selection, Tempus and liked everything but the HS. I would try the Edge Maduro or the Edge Lite. Hope this helps.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    Maybe the CAO Brazila gol
  • Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    I really enjoy the MAXX as well, though I wouldn't consider it all that different from many other maduros. Try the Carlos Torano Casa Torano Maduro or the 5 Vegas Series A. Another one I found as a great maduro was the Series JJ Maduro from Don Pepin. Oh, and the Oliva Series G Maduro is another good one. Heh, I like a lot of maduros.
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    I have smoked the Maxx, it is a good stout stick
  • Options
    I found it to be one of the least enjoyable sticks I've ever smoked. I've read plenty of reviews with people that love them, but I didn't taste a thing. It was like I was smoking air.
  • Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    Unthought_Known:
    I found it to be one of the least enjoyable sticks I've ever smoked. I've read plenty of reviews with people that love them, but I didn't taste a thing. It was like I was smoking air.
    You need to revisit it. Lots of flavor on the 5 or 10 I've smoked over the last year or so.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I smoked one that was gifted to me and the draw was so tight I could hardly get any smoke out. From what little I could get it tasted good, but it was a serious pain in the ass.
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    Krieg:
    I would give either the RP Edge Series a try. I have had the MAXX Brazil, SCR, Harvest Selection, Tempus and liked everything but the HS. I would try the Edge Maduro or the Edge Lite. Hope this helps.
    Yeah, definately check out the Edge Maduro.
  • Options
    ljlljl Posts: 819
    Also a real big fan of MAXX. I see in your post that you have tried some tempus - I thought MAXX was the best AB cigar out there until I tried a tempus. Keep trying different stuff. I find I am in a different mood for cigars often. I do have "regulars" but usually go to those when I'm undecided.
  • Options
    Poker_SlobPoker_Slob Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I smoke a Maxx every other week. One of my all time favorites. Believe it or not, I find the 262 to be quite similar. Also the 5 Vegas Series A.
  • Options
    FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    I just had one. May put up a quick review. I liked it. Didnt love it. I wouldnt go out of my way to find it again. I had this one in the The Fix size 5x58. I think that this cigar would greatly benefit by being offered in smaller ring guages. There is a 9x50 and a 6.5x54 and a 4x46. I think that this cigar could be great if offered in a normal Robusto or Toro size. These sizes are a little too extreme for me.