Home Ratings & Reviews

Gurkha Regent Toro

lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
Had one today. It's been resting in the humi for 2 months. Pre-light it felt firmly packed. The wrapper was smooth and had a silky sheen to it. I used a double-blade cutter and torch lighter. It lit nicely and draw was perfect. Right away there were pepper and subtle cedar flavors. Heavy smoke output. Nothing too prominent, flavor-wise. The burn was a little wavy but it self corrected about a third in. I didn't pick up any intense flavors until about half way in. Then I noted some leather and spice. I started to enjoy it then, but still nothing spectacular. I got about three quarters in and then I was having trouble keeping it lit. Smoke output started to decrease too. Since it wasn't impressing me taste wise, I called it quits.

Total smoke time was about an hour. If not for burn issues, it could have lasted at least 1.5 hours.

On a scale of 1 to 5, 5 being the best:

Flavor: 2

Burn: 2.5

Construction: 3

Overall: 2.5

Not very impressed. I will probably not smoke one again.
Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..

Comments

• sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    I recommend you try the Regent Nepalese Warrior. The flavors were unlike anything I've tasted in a cigar before. It was chocolate with a hint of spiciness, kind of like chocolate with chili powder.
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    sightunseen:
    I recommend you try the Regent Nepalese Warrior. The flavors were unlike anything I've tasted in a cigar before. It was chocolate with a hint of spiciness, kind of like chocolate with chili powder.
    Thanks, I will. Those are my flavor preferences, exactly.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    you do know this is supposed to be a mild bodied cigar right?
    kuzi16:
    Hmmmm. I thought it was going to be more medium-bodied. Maybe that's why it didn't do it for me. Oh well, I just got some Doble Maduros, hopefully I'll have better luck with those.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    lilwing88:
    kuzi16:
    Hmmmm. I thought it was going to be more medium-bodied. Maybe that's why it didn't do it for me. Oh well, I just got some Doble Maduros, hopefully I'll have better luck with those.
    at some point after you feel you are over the let down, go back to this cigar knowing that it is mild. have a clean palate when you smoke it. drink milk or water. you may (or may not) have a different view on it.
    kuzi16:
    lilwing88:
    kuzi16:
    at some point after you feel you are over the let down, go back to this cigar knowing that it is mild. have a clean palate when you smoke it. drink milk or water. you may (or may not) have a different view on it.
    Thanks. I'll try that.
  • Duder2Duder2 Posts: 926
    lilwing88:
    kuzi16:
    With some rest the Doble Maduro's are fantastic! They are mild-medium in body but full in the flavor department, one of my fav's for sure.
    Duder2:
    lilwing88:
    kuzi16:
    With some rest the Doble Maduro's are fantastic! They are mild-medium in body but full in the flavor department, one of my fav's for sure.
    Cool. Thanks. Looking forward to trying one.