Home Non Cigar Related

Where does all the rubber go?

ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,284 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ok, I've thought about this long and hard but have been unable to come up with a satisfactory answer. Here goes....

Where does the rubber from worn off tire tread go?

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

Comments

• FIRERATFIRERAT Posts: 189 ✭✭✭✭

@ShawnOL said:
    Ok, I've thought about this long and hard but have been unable to come up with a satisfactory answer. Here goes....

Where does the rubber from worn off tire tread go?

To tire heaven.

F**k You I'm drunk.....
    "I never apologize. I'm sorry, but that's just how I am,"-Homer Simpson

• VisionVision Posts: 7,764 ✭✭✭✭✭

I thought this was a PSA on safe sex..... thank God I was wrong.

• rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,736 ✭✭✭✭✭

Flush them down the toilet

• WaterNerdWaterNerd Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭✭✭

"A little rubber becomes chemically incorporated into asphalt roads because asphalt and rubber both are made of petroleum oils. But the vast majority wears off as small particles that are rinsed off the road by rain, or blown off by the wind, ending up in the soil, on plants, and in lakes, rivers and streams"

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt
    — Abraham Lincoln

• ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,284 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2021

Shouldn't it become built up enough to see it by now? We've been using rubber tires for close to a century. It just seems to me that it's a LOT of rubber worn off over the years.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• YaksterYakster Posts: 25,527 ✭✭✭✭✭

Rubber's the name of a very interesting movie.

https://youtu.be/hVKgY1ilx0Y

I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭

On the road, or it can be laid on the road or you can always light the tires up in smoke, which makes for beautiful sunsets >:):D

If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.