Home General Discussion

Going on vacation

I have about 500 cigars in a Whynter 251S and a number of tupperwear storage containers in my basement which remains at around 65 to 67 degrees. I moniter with 4 wifi and several more bluetooth hygrometers. I’m going on a trip for nine weeks and have several concerns. The tupperwear containers, when left un disturbed for a week, seem to stabilize and maintain consistent humidity for extended periods. I have a yeti cooler which would hold all of my cigars. I use Heartfelt 65% beads exclusively with satisfactory results but would be willing to use another humidification method to keep my sticks safe while I’m gone. If the power goes out, not a common occurrence but it has happened, the Whynter resets to the lowest temp which is 54 degrees. What would you do?

Comments

• ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,287 ✭✭✭✭✭

Unplug it until you get back.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭

If I understand the question, I'd put all cigars in the cooler, unplug the gizmo, make sure they're in a place that won't overheat, and enjoy the trip. Oh, and I'd select a bunch of sticks to take with me.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭

What he said ☝️

• peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭✭

What he said ☝️

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,935 ✭✭✭✭✭

Unplug it and move it to the basement

"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,738 ✭✭✭✭✭

If your basement remains at 65-67 degrees, you don't need a wineador