Home Non Cigar Related

Your thoughts and prayers please.

Seems to be a lot of bad news with family around here lately. I'm not exempt. My brother just had a massive stroke on the left side of his brain. We were told that the next 48 hours are very crucial and that we should be prepared for the worst. He's 40 years old.

I'm just reaching for every prayer I can send to him right now, so if you would please, send one up for my bro. Thanks.

Comments

• Alex WilliamsAlex Williams Posts: 1,515
    no problem man. Ill be praying for you and your family. keep us posted and know that we are here for you brother.
  • illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Posts: 1,507
    ditto man keep us posted and Ill be praying for you and your family
  • minibeezyminibeezy Posts: 257
    Prayers for you and your family.
  • Smoke=FireSmoke=Fire Posts: 692 ✭✭✭
    BStayer:
    Seems to be a lot of bad news with family around here lately. I'm not exempt. My brother just had a massive stroke on the left side of his brain. We were told that the next 48 hours are very crucial and that we should be prepared for the worst. He's 40 years old.

I'm just reaching for every prayer I can send to him right now, so if you would please, send one up for my bro. Thanks.
    Damn, bud. Sad news, and sorry to hear it. For what it is worth, you and yours will get a mention to the Big Guy tonight; let's hope he is tuning in.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Praying for your bro....
  • denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    just sent one up to the Big Guy. Things will work out
  • sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    My thoughts go out to you and your family. Wishes for a speedy recovery.
  • HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    Oh man Brian...sorry to hear that. Will definitely keep you and him in my thoughts and prayers.
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • BStayerBStayer Posts: 318
    Thank you all. It is very encouraging to hear everyone's prayers and good wishes.

I'm currently packing my bags as I have a 1500 mile flight tonight and I'm hoping I at least get to say good-bye before it's too late. The only reason he's still alive now is due to the life support system he's on and the dr.'s are saying they don't expect him to make it through the weekend.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    I'm sorry to hear about everything and I hope you and your family hold strong and the hearts of my family go out to you and yours.
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brian, I have missed you buddy. Very sad to hear the bad news. You and your family are in my prayers!
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    My prayers and well wishes are with your brother and your family.
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    Best wishes.
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    Prayers to him and your family, have a safe trip.
  • clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    I don't pray often, but I'll be praying for you and your brother tonight!
  • LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    geez bro...hoping for the best.
  • DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    BStayer:

Prayers...........
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your family will be in our prayers and thoughts.
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Sory to hear that Brian, our family will be praying for you brother.
  • firetruckguyfiretruckguy Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭
    My prayers for you and yours my firend.
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Prayers sent and received
  • BStayerBStayer Posts: 318
    After a very long and difficult weekend, my brother passed away today at 11:45 am ET.

Thank you for all you prayers and thoughts. He was one of my best friends and I believe your prayers have helped to assuage the pain.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    I'm so sorry to hear that... I'll be praying for your family.

• turn_keyturn_key Posts: 90
    I am very sorry. May God give him peace and give you strength. Thoughts and prayers.
  • HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    Brian,
    I'm so sorry to hear this my friend. I have one brother, and a brother-in-law that is like another to me... I cannot imagine the loss of either. Know that I'm thinking about you, and praying for you and your family.
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    BStayer:

Sorry to hear that , I will do ceremnoy for you and your brother and family. The Native American path I follow tells me to fill the sacred Chanupa and pray when asked for prayers and i honor that commitment/ Mitakuye Oyasin brother Ozzie
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    Very sorry for your loss, buddy. My prayers are still with you and your family.
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    Sad [:(]
  • Smoke=FireSmoke=Fire Posts: 692 ✭✭✭
    BStayer:
    After a very long and difficult weekend, my brother passed away today at 11:45 am ET.

Thank you for all you prayers and thoughts. He was one of my best friends and I believe your prayers have helped to assuage the pain.
    Sorry to hear of your loss. :(
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    BStayer:

My prayers and thoughts are with you my friend ... so sorry to hear, I know he will be missed ...