Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

Montecristo 75th Anniversario Desde 1935

madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
I went to an Altadis event last night that the were featuring the Monte Anniversario. I'll start this off buy saying its not worth the $16.58 retail but its a pretty good product even if it is made by Altadis. The deal was you buy 3 Anniversarios you get two Mi Dominicanas for free and you also got a raffle ticket to win one of the 75th anniversary humidors. I of course didn't win the humidor but I did get a real nice pack of coasters and a Monte lighter.

Anyways, the cigar, it started a little mellow for my tastebut it built nicely it doesn't have that pepper that I enjoy but it built some nice flavors which included the pencil shaving like flavor that remind me of the Padilla 1932. IF it was less than $10 I'd smoke it again but with the hefty price, I doubt I'll buy another. The Mi Dominicana, however, is a new smoke to me and I like it.

Comments

• Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    17 bucks, wow, that's pricey. Continuing my protesting of altadis I will say I wouldn't even bother with this smoke, though I've never even heard of it. As it stands I really only enjoy the whites. I'm sorry you dumped some cash on this and it under-delivered but for me it seems to usually happen. I have found very few cigars that are over 14 or so that really make me feel they were worth it.