Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

Searching

2»

Comments

• Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,680 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jlmarta said:
    Maduro means “mature” or “ripe”. It’s been through an aging process and can be Connecticut, Habano, or otherwise. If a person visits the page at Neptune Cigars for Davidoff Primeros, you’ll see options of these and other leaves that have been aged by the Maduro process.

That’s what I mean when I say I’m looking for Maduro. The leaf description needs to say it’s Maduro…. I’d actually like to find a Maduro Davidoff that’s a bit larger than the Primeros but Davidoff doesn’t show any on any of the sites I’ve looked at…

Just because the leaf is a dark color doesn’t necessarily mean it’s Maduro….

Hope this helps…..

Yep, and maybe Davidoff stays away from the term intentionally because of a corporate mindset where they might believe that

• they age ALL of their tobacco appropriately
    • Over fermenting tobacco is not appropriate
    • the term is widely incorrectly used in the industry to mean strong, which isn't part of their portfolio
    • the term doesn't fit their heritage

Or something else. Just a theory. Of course, they DO have the single offering you found, yet they don't seemingly make it anymore? Maybe a test run? Maybe focus groups or sales were lagging?

Don't look ↑
  • Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭

Davidoff is about to release their regional additions. I don’t know yet if any of those will be a maduro.

Avo still has some of their 30 years Maduro around.