Home Ratings & Reviews

California at it again

2»

Comments

• YaksterYakster Posts: 25,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2021

The sig isn't a big deal for me since I'm now WFH indefinitely except that some sites charge extra for shipping to CA now quite a bit over and above what USPS charges for the service.

Yesterday I got a call from another etailer saying that the HVC Hot Cakes I ordered didn't come in and offered to switch me from the corona gorda to the robusto with a free cigar thrown in. I said fine.

I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )

I got a second call from the same etailer later. I had made two orders and they have to call for each order. Fun.

• PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,320 ✭✭✭✭✭

We may have to organize an airlift into CA like they did for West Berlin in WWII.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis

Still less than it was in 2017 so don't panic.

• NorCalR1NorCalR1 Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome to the sh17show that is CA

If you want to bomb me send it to Tony @0patience :D
    If you are a newbie I got Dem nachos....

• VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nevada has houses available

Don't look ↑
  • WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

@VegasFrank said:

Some parts of it.

"Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...

Your ^ parts

Don't look ↑
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭

I saw where Gavin was bragging Kali ran a $76 billion surplus. Two questions:

1) Gonna give some back?

2) Whatcha got, like, 160k homeless? That's $475k apiece. Ready to cut some checks?

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭

@webmost said:
    I saw where Gavin was bragging Kali ran a $76 billion surplus. Two questions:

1) Gonna give some back?

2) Whatcha got, like, 160k homeless? That's $475k apiece. Ready to cut some checks?

He’ll have to check with Aunt Nancy first…. 🙄

• ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,284 ✭✭✭✭✭

Democrats don't give back. They just spend more.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭

@VegasFrank said:

Go there, AZ has absorbed it's fill of Cali

A little dirt never hurt

California is an embarrassment to the rest of the country. That's saying a lot, coming from Mass.

• PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭

They are trying to inflict the same type of thing in Califoregon.
    They want to also create laws that will apply animal cruelty laws to hunting.

Can't wait to get out of this sh!thole.

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭

The weird thing, to me, is that when I was in High School we all wanted to go to California or Oregon because the government there was "so much less restrictive". Oregon was known for low taxes and cheap property, California had so much of a "freer" lifestyle.

What the f... happened?

Oh yeah, people forgot where they came from, that's what. They believe that food comes from a store, without any beginning. No guilt, those aren't "real" chickens you're eating, they're wrapped in plastic like God intended. It's cruel to milk cows, we'll drink soy-milk, because clearing millions of acres of every form of life other that a soy bean plant has NO environmental impact at all, right?

Sheesh. "Idiocracy" must have been written by a new age Nostradamus.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain

**** woke California democrats. **** em. The pork industry should call their bluff. No more pork for California.

• Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ShawnOL said:
    **** woke California democrats. **** em. The pork industry should call their bluff. No more pork for California.

Well, no more pork for California would definitely put the Democrats out of business. Pork for California is their life-blood, it's just about all they do in Congress, make sure there's pork for California.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ShawnOL said:

Let them eat Tofu

That's not quite how it works though, right? California has one seventh of the us population...more than that if you believe the shithole country illegal numbers.

So if they're serious about this, the farmers in Iowa will ultimately acquiesce because California is their biggest customer. It will actually cost those hog farmers more to lose the California customer than it will to build bigger cages and pens. And that extra pork won't mean cheaper prices for you and me in our states. The farmers will inflate the price of our pork to achieve the previous stasis levels. Theyre not gonna take a loss here....

That's why California passes these absurd laws. They know that their purchasing power will change business models. Massachusetts passes a bill? BFD, just go get your vapes in NH. Cali does it? Look out world....

Don't look ↑