Home Ratings & Reviews

Alec Bradley Prensado

alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
I am smoking the corona right now, but the Toro and Robusto sizes are very good as well. Has anyone else smoked these yet? If you are a fan of the Tempus or Alec Bradley in general, you should definitely give them a shot. I think I prefer the Corona so far, the wrapper leaf has so much good flavor. It is a bit more peppery than the Tempus, they differ alot actually. But they do still complement each other very well. If the Tempus is a fine steak, the Prensado is the cold beer and over-stuffed baked potato.

Comments

• j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Now I'm gonna have to light up that one you sent me. Sounds good.
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    Yeah man, do that, let me know what you think.
  • jacketsrulejacketsrule Posts: 401
    I had one that I enjoyed very much. I am waiting for a daily deal to stock up. I like Maduro and box pressed cigars, and this is a good one.
    It really is, I know I seem like an AB **** sometimes, but they do make some excellent cigars.
  • TumblerTumbler Posts: 338 ✭✭
    You are not alone in your whoring Tony. I really really like the Tempus and picked up a Prensado and thought it was very good also. I would like to experiment more with it. Have you tried the family blend yet? Smoking hot cigar chick was impressed and I am impressed with her so...
    I haven't tried the family blend yet, but every other cigar I have had from them (minus the Maxx traditional, not too crazy about them) has bee good at a minimum. You should give the AB Sungrown a whirl too, damn good cigar.
  • urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    alienmisprint:
    If the Tempus is a fine steak, the Prensado is the cold beer and over-stuffed baked potato.
    Sounds like it would go straight to my waistline and spoil my girlish figure.
  • Alex WilliamsAlex Williams Posts: 1,515
    urbino:
    alienmisprint:
    If the Tempus is a fine steak, the Prensado is the cold beer and over-stuffed baked potato.
    Hahaha lmao. I'm gonna have to find a few of these to try!
    urbino:
    alienmisprint:
    To quote Queen's "Fat Bottom Girls": "Get on your bike and ride!"
    I will try the sungrown. Too bad I didn't see this an hour ago. I picked up a couple of the prensados and a couple of the family blend. I just lit up the family blend.

Did you ever smoke that ESG Tony or is it still resting?
  • Alex Williams:
    urbino:
    alienmisprint:
    Hahaha lmao. I'm gonna have to find a few of these to try!

I bought one tonight from the Tobacco Leaf in B'ham cant wait to try it lol!
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    alienmisprint:
    I haven't tried the family blend yet, but every other cigar I have had from them (minus the Maxx traditional, not too crazy about them) has bee good at a minimum. You should give the AB Sungrown a whirl too, damn good cigar.

The only AB I've had is the Maxx and it Really didnt deliver. I think the strength of the cigar is way out of balance with the flavor on this one. I have a couple other ABs resting and Im looking forward to them. Alien, whats your opinion of the Harvest Select 97?
    Tumbler:
    I will try the sungrown. Too bad I didn't see this an hour ago. I picked up a couple of the prensados and a couple of the family blend. I just lit up the family blend.

Did you ever smoke that ESG Tony or is it still resting?
    Still resting bro. I have picked up a few more VSG's since then, they are awesome. But I want to let that ESG sit for about a year, like you said, put some age on it.
    Fourtotheflush:
    alienmisprint:

The only AB I've had is the Maxx and it Really didnt deliver. I think the strength of the cigar is way out of balance with the flavor on this one. I have a couple other ABs resting and Im looking forward to them. Alien, whats your opinion of the Harvest Select 97?
    Honestly man, it isn't bad for a $2-3 stick. It is one of their budget sticks, so it doesn't perform like the Tempus or anything, but its good. It has a real nice robust, peppery flavor. The closest thing I can think of to compare it to would be the 5 Vegas Classic, but the flavor is a bit different. And I do like the '97s better than the Harvest Habanos.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    I can relate to the AB whoring as well... I haven't had a bad cigar from the company, but I have yet to try the Prensado. The Family Blend was fantastic and I'm a big fan on the Tempus as well. I also enjoy the Maxx and the Occidental Reserve is a great connie, even though I'm not a huge fan of connies.
    I didn't like the Family blend as much as the prensado. The prendsado was to Rib-eye as the Tempus is to Filet mignon. Both really tasty morsels that add a couple of lbs. I really liked the family blend also and will examin further... :) On to the sun grown.

Tried the Black Tat and really liked that cigar. No burn issues whatsoever. Doesn't hold an ash, but I have a keyboard protector. Is it worth the money? "shrug" Glad I made the plunge.

Too bad I missed the ruination deal by Alex. That'l teach me not to go to bed at 5 am.
    Tumbler:
    Tried the Black Tat and really liked that cigar. No burn issues whatsoever. Doesn't hold an ash, but I have a keyboard protector. Is it worth the money? "shrug" Glad I made the plunge.
    You're the second person I've seen that had no burn issues...I wonder if the ones I got were just too fresh, I did buy them on release day after all. I may have to light one up in the next week and see where they're at.
    Tumbler:
    I didn't like the Family blend as much as the prensado. The prendsado was to Rib-eye as the Tempus is to Filet mignon. Both really tasty morsels that add a couple of lbs. I really liked the family blend also and will examin further... :) On to the sun grown.
    Definitely try the Sungrown, I just bought a box of them, they are among my favorite AB's. Their flavor is very different from the Prensado or Tempus, but is excellent nonetheless.
    I will run, not walk, to check those out Tony. I think the sun grown and the Air Bender is my top two to give a whirl.. Thanks for the heads up!

Joz3r - I know you told me that - but the first one I tried was flawless and very tasty. 9 more to go... Hope they are the same... Hope yours are too. :)
    Tumbler:
    Joz3r - I know you told me that - but the first one I tried was flawless and very tasty. 9 more to go... Hope they are the same... Hope yours are too. :)
    Yeah. Good for you that you got a solid performer. I'm hoping I get at least a few out of the box that will burn on their own. Crossing my fingers. :)
    I know you couldn't hear me - but you got a very nice gutteral laugh from that response. Perhaps I should cross my fingers also. BUT WAIT - I did have the beard touch my box before he sent it... :)
    Hmm. I wonder if I sent my remaining Black tubos to Tim if he would bless them or just keep them....? Maybe I can call him up and hold the phone close to the cigars and he can give me a tele-blessing. :)
    You know, if you guys are really pestered by the bad burn issues on those crummy Tat Blacks, you can always send them my way and I will dispose of them for you. Better to get 'em out of your hair now than to be bugged with annoyances like improper burn and whatnot. Just throwing that offer out there, you know, to look out for my peeps.
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    alienmisprint:
    You know, if you guys are really pestered by the bad burn issues on those crummy Tat Blacks, you can always send them my way and I will dispose of them for you. Better to get 'em out of your hair now than to be bugged with annoyances like improper burn and whatnot. Just throwing that offer out there, you know, to look out for my peeps.
    Oh alien, don't be such a hero. You shouldn't burden yourself, I'll volunteer to dispose of them.
    j0z3r:
    Hmm. I wonder if I sent my remaining Black tubos to Tim if he would bless them or just keep them....? Maybe I can call him up and hold the phone close to the cigars and he can give me a tele-blessing. :)
    Go with the chicken blood. I just can't recommend it highly enough.
    urbino:
    j0z3r:
    Go with the chicken blood. I just can't recommend it highly enough.
    Thing is, I just don't have any troublesome chickens that need to be taught who's boss. I'll keep it in mind though, thanks. :)
    We have troublesome Tats though. Damn the chickens - spill the blood...

Sorry Tony my burn was fine, and the Tats are pretty much delish... But if you have a few power rangers...

Why don't you fire one of yours up Urbi, and give us a candid report - but wait - yours came from Joz3r didn't they?
    Tumbler:

Sorry Tony my burn was fine, and the Tats are pretty much delish... But if you have a few power rangers...

Why don't you fire one of yours up Urbi, and give us a candid report - but wait - yours came from Joz3r didn't they?
    Urbs probably got the one that won't have any issues and he'll proceed to tell me I'm crazy.
    j0z3r:
    Tumbler:

Urbs probably got the one that won't have any issues and he'll proceed to tell me I'm crazy.

I get that all the time... :)
    j0z3r:
    Tumbler:

I don't need to smoke a cigar to know that, bub.