Home Ratings & Reviews

Verdadero Organic

I've had a few of these now with rest times ranging from fresh out of the package to 4 months, and they all have a very tight draw to them. I've only tried the torpedos, perhaps this is the culprit? It's a shame, I do enjoy them aside from the draw but it has me hesitant to order more!

Comments

• j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I've had the same problem with the torpedo.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    j0z3r:
    I've had the same problem with the torpedo.
    +1
  • denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    after 3 cuts the torps i have had drew fine. not a bad mild stick
  • laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    I find I have that problem with a lot of Torp's.

Draw too tight, and then by the half way mark the tar is building up on the tip. I usually do what Dennis said and cut them several times while smoking them. This is too much bother, so I have found that the Toro is the size for me to avoid this, while still delivering enough smoke to make the experience what it was intended to be.
  • ljlljl Posts: 819
    laker1963:
    I find I have that problem with a lot of Torp's.

Draw too tight, and then by the half way mark the tar is building up on the tip. I usually do what Dennis said and cut them several times while smoking them. This is too much bother, so I have found that the Toro is the size for me to avoid this, while still delivering enough smoke to make the experience what it was intended to be.

Agree; Depends on the stick. I usually watch for some tar to build on the tip. If that happens - I snip a bit off. I almost chucked a RP sungrown torp due to this. That's when I started multiple snips.
  • undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    I had my first one a couple weeks ago. I had a toro and I couldn't believe the amount of smoke. It probably is just the size.
  • laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    undulac:
    I had my first one a couple weeks ago. I had a toro and I couldn't believe the amount of smoke. It probably is just the size.
    I have come to realize that I really like this Vitola. I find myself drawn to the size or as close as possible as I can find in any new sticks. For "test driving" new cigars, the Toro just seems to show off the wrapper flavor, deliver the flavors of the various fillers, and supplies a ton of smoke. If I like a stick in this size then I tend to try the other sizes available to see if I prefer a different vitola, but usually I don't.

That said, I also LOVE some bigger gauge sticks like Nub or the Dbl. Toro of the Oliva Series V (6.0 X 60) or the Ruinations which also come only in larger ring gauges.