Home Ratings & Reviews

La Aurora Preferido Maduro

lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
Just smoked one of these.

Pre-light: The construction of this stick was flawless. Minimal veins, clean seams, firm yet spongy to the touch. Strong tobacco scent with hints of chocolate and coffee.

Cutting: Straight cut, perfect. No cracks or problems.

Lighting: Used a single-flame torch. Lighting this shape of cigar is always easier, in my experience. Draw was perfect. Slight tightness, not too loose.

First puffs of smoke were peppery with a mellow aftertaste. Burn was razor sharp the first inch or so. Heavy smoke output. Very nice flavors. Dark coffee, leather with a little oil on the finish. Flavors were pretty consistent all the way through. Burn was also razor sharp throughout, but the ash never really held as long as I like. Then half way through, at the "sweet spot", the flavors were almost amplified. They became creamy and rich, almost like I was smoking a creme brulee. Awesome! After that, it was smooth sailing down to the nub. A very delicious cigar, overall.

On a scale of 1-5 (5 being the best):

Construction/Appearance: 5

Flavors/Taste: 5

Burn: 4.5

Overall: 4.75

An almost perfect cigar. Can't wait to have another!
Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..

Comments

• j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    If you thought the maduro was good, I'd recommend you try the Sapphire, which is a connecticut. That was easily the tastiest Conn. cigar I've ever had and was a true delight to smoke. Personally, I thought the maduro was so-so, but the Connecticut is one I could buy a box of.
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    j0z3r:
    If you thought the maduro was good, I'd recommend you try the Sapphire, which is a connecticut. That was easily the tastiest Conn. cigar I've ever had and was a true delight to smoke. Personally, I thought the maduro was so-so, but the Connecticut is one I could buy a box of.
    Thanks. Maybe I will.
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    Smoking a creme brule? I'm in! Sounds awesome.
  • sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    TatuajeVI:
    Smoking a creme brule? I'm in! Sounds awesome.
    Second that.