Home Ratings & Reviews

Sancho Panza

13»

Comments

• kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    madurofan:
    Do they all put off that much smoke?
    yes. thats one of the reasons why i like that cigar so much.
    I had a cigar that was a smoke bomb today.. The c.com cuban label. Great taste and burn to go with it. Another that I regret only having one of. For about two bucks this is a very good Cigar. Wait I just realized why.. Ecuadorian Sumatra wrapper. ( right Duty Joe ). Seriously, Try this house cigar.
  • dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    kaspera79:
    kuzi16:
    madurofan:
    I had a cigar that was a smoke bomb today.. The c.com cuban label. Great taste and burn to go with it. Another that I regret only having one of. For about two bucks this is a very good Cigar. Wait I just realized why.. Ecuadorian Sumatra wrapper. ( right Duty Joe ). Seriously, Try this house cigar.
    I smoked the cigar.com Cuban Label and the Playboy on the same day. They both feature the Ecuadorian Sumatra wrapper, and both have been the highest-rated smokes I've had since I started keeping a journal. That day was also the day I decided that the Ecuadorian Sumatra wrapper couldn't be beat. To be fair, though, I think Maddy reached the same conclusion on almost the exact same day.
    dutyje:
    kaspera79:
    kuzi16:
    madurofan:
    I smoked the cigar.com Cuban Label and the Playboy on the same day. They both feature the Ecuadorian Sumatra wrapper, and both have been the highest-rated smokes I've had since I started keeping a journal. That day was also the day I decided that the Ecuadorian Sumatra wrapper couldn't be beat. To be fair, though, I think Maddy reached the same conclusion on almost the exact same day.
    After looking back at all my "favorites" the common thread was the Ecuadorian wrapper. Cuvee Blanc, some Perdomo, Rocky Patel '92, Edge and Sun grown. La Flor,Avo Domaine, Bauza, to name a few.
    I didn't think Avo Domaine, Cuvee Blanc, and RP Edge had Ecuadorian Sumatra wrappers... The only on that list I know have an EcSu wrapper are the RP '92 and the RP Sun Grown. La Flor de Como? :)
    I don't know that they are Sumatra but are advertised as Ecudorian. La Flor Dominicana Lingero, Edge Lite.. Ecudorian /Connecticut, Avo Domaine Ecudorian/ Connecticut, Cuvee Blanc damn tasty no matter what wrapper.
    Hmmmm... maybe I need to branch out here... I didn't know all those were Ecuadorian..

Also, I will add that the difference between a true Sumatra wrapper and an Ecuadorian Sumatra wrapper is the same as the difference between Bourbon Whiskey and Scotch Whiskey. They just aren't all that similar. I find the true Sumatra wrapper to be a bit dull in flavor. Still very good, but nothing compared to an EcSu. Examples of the true Sumatra would be and H. Upmann or a 5 Vegas Classic. I think the true Sumatran wrapper allows the flavor of the blend to come through, whereas all the EcSu cigars I've had (very few at this point) have had a very similar flavor.
    Well add 5 Vegas Classic to the list because I do enjoy that one too. Which, by the way, I never would have tried had I not discovered this forum.
  • madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    dutyje:
    To be fair, though, I think Maddy reached the same conclusion on almost the exact same day.
    I'm not sure, I believe the Sol Cubano Sumatra, which made me fall in love with Sumatras, is not Ecuadorian. I just thoroughly enjoy the Sumatra/Cameroon leaf in general. Some cigars more than other but I'm kind of on that kick. The ITC Cameroon is a cigar I had the other day that was also pretty good.
    madurofan:
    dutyje:
    To be fair, though, I think Maddy reached the same conclusion on almost the exact same day.
    I'm not sure, I believe the Sol Cubano Sumatra, which made me fall in love with Sumatras, is not Ecuadorian. I just thoroughly enjoy the Sumatra/Cameroon leaf in general. Some cigars more than other but I'm kind of on that kick. The ITC Cameroon is a cigar I had the other day that was also pretty good.
    ah.. for some reason I thought I remembered you saying Ecuadorian Sumatra. I like the Cameroon leaf better than the true Sumatra, and the Ecuadorian Sumatra better than anything. I also like the Maduro better than the true Sumatra, although that really depends on the cigar. Honestly, you could roll pubic hair in an Ecuadorian Sumatra leaf and I'd like it.
    dutyje:
    madurofan:
    dutyje:
    ah.. for some reason I thought I remembered you saying Ecuadorian Sumatra. I like the Cameroon leaf better than the true Sumatra, and the Ecuadorian Sumatra better than anything. I also like the Maduro better than the true Sumatra, although that really depends on the cigar. Honestly, you could roll pubic hair in an Ecuadorian Sumatra leaf and I'd like it.
    Joe, whats wrong with you. I enjoy(ed) Ecuadorian Leaf best of all and now you had to taint my brain.. Thanks for sharing that. Damn you
    Hey, don't knock it 'til you've tried it
    dutyje:
    madurofan:
    dutyje:
    I do indeed enjoy the Ecuadorian Sumatra typically more than a regular but there is something about the Sol Cubano that is amazing.

Pubic hair eh? Really? Have you ever smelled burning hair?
    dutyje:
    The question is do you roll these on your own, who are the donors, and have they been checked for crotch crickets. That would be a whole new beetle problem for Maddy to worry about.
    madurofan:
    dutyje:
    madurofan:
    dutyje:
    I do indeed enjoy the Ecuadorian Sumatra typically more than a regular but there is something about the Sol Cubano that is amazing.

Pubic hair eh? Really? Have you ever smelled burning hair?
    Yes. That was the point :)
    kaspera79:
    dutyje:
    The question is do you roll these on your own, who are the donors, and have they been checked for crotch crickets. That would be a whole new beetle problem for Maddy to worry about.
    Hey< That Sancho Panza is One heck of a fine Cigar ! Never found a single hair in one I've smoked..
    kaspera79:
    kaspera79:
    dutyje:
    The question is do you roll these on your own, who are the doners, and have they been checked for crotch crickets. That would be a whole new beetle problem for Maddy to worry about.
    Hey
    Nor a crotch cricket ...
    kaspera79:
    dutyje:
    The question is do you roll these on your own, who are the doners, and have they been checked for crotch crickets. That would be a whole new beetle problem for Maddy to worry about.
    LOL!
  • DiasFlakDiasFlak Posts: 342 ✭✭
    sounds like a good cigar ill have to try one
  • urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    DiasFlak:
    You mean duty's hand-rolled cigars?
  • DiasFlakDiasFlak Posts: 342 ✭✭
    urbino:
    DiasFlak:
    no the sancho panza . i dont want any hand rolled cigar from a man named duty
    DiasFlak:
    urbino:
    DiasFlak:
    Especially one with a Ecuadorian Sumatra wrapper.
  • urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    kaspera79:
    DiasFlak:
    urbino:
    DiasFlak:
    Especially one with a Ecuadorian Sumatra wrapper.
    And a bush.
    urby, we call that a shaggy foot in the biz