Home Ratings & Reviews

Southern Draw Cedrus

jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭

Did a search and nothing is coming up which surprises me. Has anyone smoked a few of these and if so what did you think? Thinking about making these my next purchase based off the description which sounds amazing to me. Thanks.

Comments

• TheKrakenTheKraken Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have not, but I'm interested as well

• Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,059 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2021

Southern draw makes some really good smokes. I’m not a big fan of prominent cedar so I’ve passed on them so far. I know the description doesn’t call for the flavor...but to me it wouldn’t make sense without it.

• silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,048 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sound interesting, I ordered a fiver of the lancero size, figured they would highlight the wrapper best.

looks like Bryson @Significant3 posted a couple of years ago about them, probably doesn't remember much about them now though.

• peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,316 ✭✭✭✭✭

Now that the trigger has been pulled...

While it's nice that Southern Draw tells us the Cedrus' components, and we have numerous reviews online and feedback from others (whose palates are all over the map), it's mostly meaningless. All you can do is buy them or get a 2 or 3 somehow and see for yourself.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis

Meaningless is good. Absolutely accurate review, Peter, 😊 thanks!

• jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah but there are a few guys here that have similar likes and I enjoy seeing those opinions. Otherwise this entire part of the forums is meaningless. Why have a rating and review section at all?

• YaksterYakster Posts: 25,529 ✭✭✭✭✭

Using the rating and review section is certainly an area of opportunity.

I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )

@Yakster said:
    Using the rating and review section is certainly an area of opportunity.

Yeah I happen to value the opinions of a bunch of guys here. A random Google search of stranger's opinions serve no purpose.

• Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭

Can’t remember what I had but did try a couple Southern Draw blends not too long ago and remember liking them.

@Rob1110 said:
    Can’t remember what I had but did try a couple Southern Draw blends not too long ago and remember liking them.

Coworker gave me one of their other ones at work and I really enjoyed it. He went on and on about the Cedrus which sparked my interest.

• Also interested in a recent review. :|

• peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,316 ✭✭✭✭✭

Buy some and do your own review.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭✭

@SmokeandGrowler said:
    Also interested in a recent review. :|

It has a great depth and complexity, spewing out flavors of cedar, pepper, bread, some creaminess, and herbal notes. The draw is nearly perfect as it delivers an overall medium to full bodied experience.

Don't look ↑
  • Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,059 ✭✭✭✭✭

Half wheel?

• VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Rdp77 said:
    Half wheel?

Cigar.com, of course!

Don't look ↑