Home General Discussion

Wineador or Incubator?

jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭

Picked this up for free last night. Guy had a few things he just wanted gone. Debating on making a wineador or an incubator for ball python eggs. I'm sure of what most answers here will be given its a cigar forum however I haven't looked into winedors in years and have questions. Easy conversion or better off just to buy one that is already set for cigars with trays? Not sure if the trays are a pain to find and a long wait and now they make wineador setups ready to go. I know for sure it's a simple set up for an incubator and those ball pythons bring some crazy money.

Comments

• Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,913 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have one that wasn't set up for cigars and works great. The most important thing though is whether or not that is compressor or thermoelectric. If it's a compressor it won't be useful for cigars as it will suck out the humidity

"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• VisionVision Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭✭✭

If it’s a compressor type, @Usaf06 is correct. If it’s a really low temp refrigeration unit it will suck moisture out. If it’s a high range, up to 68 degrees you may actually have moisture build up in the unit if you open the door often and you’re in a humid location.

• VisionVision Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭✭✭

And for the drawers/trays…. Get a single piece of Spanish Cedar in there and get plastic trays

• VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,545 ✭✭✭✭✭

Me too. Works great. I use the wire trays and they're just fine.

Don't look ↑
  • Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭✭✭

Go with the pythons and buy some coolers

• TruDogTruDog Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very Sharp.... Im old schooL wooden humidors.

• jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Jrflickster said:
    Snakes are never a good idea might as well breed fūcking spiders

My son got this recently and I don't like spiders. My wife got this ball python and it will make $5K+ babies in a year. Only reason I got on board with the reptiles.

• jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭

Believe this one is a compressor so that helps decide that. See I knew you guys would help out. I totally forgot about that aspect. Thanks.

• JrflicksterJrflickster Posts: 3,527 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Amos_Umwhat said:
    Get some ferrets.

They'll eat the spider AND the python.

Put cigars in the thing-a-ma-jig.

Win-Win.

I like where your heads at