Home Cigar 101

Types of Cigars

I am not a huge smoker, but am looking for a nice thin cigar.  Once that has great flavor and satisfaction, but doesn't take along time to smoke.  Something quick for stress and relaxation.  Any suggestions?

Comments

• 5 Vegas Shorty
  • jihiggsjihiggs Posts: 469 ✭✭
    fuente short story. rocky patel reo sol cubano robusto has usually been a short smoke for me as well, any of their blends.
  • CastleCrestCastleCrest Posts: 51
    tycel00:
        I am not a huge smoker, but am looking for a nice thin cigar.  Once that has great flavor and satisfaction, but doesn't take along time to smoke.  Something quick for stress and relaxation.  Any suggestions?

What price range???
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭

i think it has less to do with how thin the cigar is and more to do with how long the cigar is.

the above mentioned cigars are all good.  Im not a huge fan of the 5 vegas shorty but others think its wonderful.  Ive liked the REOs that ive had and most of those are short smopkes.  Several brands put out tins of small cigars that will be about 4 inches or so long and have a ring of about 32 - 36.  those arent too bad.   I hear the ones from Gurkha are great but ive never found them (havent really looked though)

• ashmasterashmaster Posts: 237
    I have tried several of the smaller, thinner cigars, something that can be smoked in about 15 minutes. My two favs are the Padron Corticos and the Partagas Black Prontos mini. Both are a little over 4" long, the Padron has a ring size of 35, the Partagas 32. For me the Padron is a little smoother medium bodied, whereas the Partagas has a bit more gitty-up and a little spicier. For me, these have some very nice flavors and work for a quick smoke.
  • skiwawskiwaw Posts: 10
    I find for a full bodied smoke that s a quick smoke is the La Flor dominicana double ligero chislelito. 5 inch by 42. well made smoke at 5.50 a pop.
  • TccargillTccargill Posts: 23
    The Fuente Short Story is great, Ive also had a few of the smaller Tubed Punch's that were a great quicky.
  • Also, the Camacho 1962 Perfecto is great short smoke.
  • backwoods.....LOL
  • phishermanphisherman Posts: 79
    cusccrstud21:
    backwoods.....LOL
    He wants to smoke them; not choke on them haha I would say the CAO Brazilia Tinned cosacos (sp). Really full on flavor and are a great way to start the day. Also if you can get your mitts on them; the Partagas Chicos (habana). Great cuban taste in a cigar that you can smoke in 15 minutes.
  • rdnstnrdnstn Posts: 993 ✭✭
    This question needs clarified. Is he looking for a thin cigar because he wants a short smoke or does he truly want a thin cigar. He might want a cigar with a small ring size for a specific reason. Like maybe introducing a girlfriend to cigars and thinks a small ring cigar looks more feminine. A good way to start without having a nice big cigar sticking out of the mouth. To qualify that though, I don't think it matters but to some people it might.
  • rdnstnrdnstn Posts: 993 ✭✭
    rdnstn:
    This question needs clarified. Is he looking for a thin cigar because he wants a short smoke or does he truly want a thin cigar. He might want a cigar with a small ring size for a specific reason. Like maybe introducing a girlfriend to cigars and thinks a small ring cigar looks more feminine. A good way to start without having a nice big cigar sticking out of the mouth. To qualify that though, I don't think it matters but to some people it might.
    Nevermind, I should have paid read more closely. Please disregard the above post. That's what I get for getting in a hurry.