Home Non Cigar Related

1200 Year Cycle Longest Lunar Eclipse Blood Moon!

TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭

If you’re up or stayed up like me it has begun! This is the longest you will ever see if visible in any of are life times! Enjoy

If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.

Comments

• TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭

Screen shot of SLO-mo video, only thing that captures the moon without the glare from the moon light!

If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.

I need one of those expensive cameras with special lens! 13Pro ain't cuttin it, not made for this, probably some mode to turn on I'm not aware of.

Not even Apples most advanced Night Mode could capture it but the whole thing is was orangish/red!

I tried, now off to Denny’s and then some sleep!

• First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭✭✭

Out of bed in the dark and caught the last part of it.

• peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭✭

I watched In The Shadow Of The Moon on Netflix last night. It was okay. There was this one guy's granddaughter who as an adult came back from the future to kill people who were going to do something way bad. She could only come back every nine years when the earth and moon were in line and the magnetic something-or-others made it possible. So if you saw any time-travelers last night, now you know why.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭

@peter4jc said:
    I watched In The Shadow Of The Moon on Netflix last night. It was okay. There was this one guy's granddaughter who as an adult came back from the future to kill people who were going to do something way bad. She could only come back every nine years when the earth and moon were in line and the magnetic something-or-others made it possible. So if you saw any time-travelers last night, now you know why.

Explains a lot

• JrflicksterJrflickster Posts: 3,549 ✭✭✭✭✭

@deadman said:

@peter4jc said:

Explains a lot

Thank you peter

• VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,589 ✭✭✭✭✭

Our photo team went out and shot it with some of their equipment for a good fun training time. They tried using a 1200 mm lens (serial number 0004, lol), but the moon was moving too quickly and ended up blurry. One guy got at the best with a D5 and a 400mm Nikon lens. You can actually see terrain around the entire horizon of the moon in the picture. Pretty cool.

They printed some pictures for office and building decorations. I'll see if I can get an electronic version.

Don't look ↑
    edited November 2021

Sounds awesome Frank, love to see the pictures!

That’s the gear I’d like to invest in the future but I know that camera and lens isn’t cheap! Uncle owns a Camera business in Nebraska.

• Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,060 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TX98Z28 I posted some pictures of the moon in the “are there any photographers out there” thread. I think that’s the right name. But anyway, I took them with a $200 camera. You can see quite a bit of detail in some of them.

I didn’t even know we had a photography thread. I’ll have to check them out.

• EgoBoundaryEgoBoundary Posts: 2,159 ✭✭✭✭✭

These photos are from my CELL PHONE

• EgoBoundaryEgoBoundary Posts: 2,159 ✭✭✭✭✭

Deliciously pixelated

^ That’s epic!!!