Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

Happy Thanksgiving Contest

TheKrakenTheKraken MassachusettsPosts: 1,870 ✭✭✭✭✭

Another year coming to an end with this great community. So let's have yet another contest.

Good traders list only; rules are simple. Guess the total combined points that will be scored on Thanksgiving in the NFL games.

Tiebreaker - guess what time we slice the turkey.

Also, your guess will only count if you say something that you are thankful for.

Comments

  • JrflicksterJrflickster Rhinelander, WIPosts: 2,599 ✭✭✭✭✭

    161 total points
    5:50 pm your time

  • VisionVision Posts: 7,311 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Thanks for the contest. But if I win it goes to Yak!
  • Far_North_64Far_North_64 AlaskaPosts: 925 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2021

    173 turkey at 3:35
    I'm thankful for the contest!

    Now this is not the end of the cigar. It is not even the beginning of the end of the cigar. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning of the cigar.

  • WylaffWylaff < < < HipsterPosts: 5,366 ✭✭✭✭✭

    201 and 17:47

    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

    At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • d_bladesd_blades near Table RockPosts: 2,685 ✭✭✭✭✭

    134 and 1:15PM

    Turning money into smoke...about five bucks at a time, inflation adjusted to six bucks.
    My truck and I both smoke Diesel.
    Master of Yard Gars

    Democracy is 51% of the people taking away the rights of the other 49%.
    Thomas Jefferson
    There is no justification for taking away individuals' freedom in the guise of public safety.
    Thomas Jefferson

  • jsnakejsnake Kansas CityPosts: 5,949 ✭✭✭✭✭

    96 and noon straight up

    Thankful for my family

  • JrflicksterJrflickster Rhinelander, WIPosts: 2,599 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I forgot what I was thankful for...
    I'm thankful for this community of mostly great people.

  • WylaffWylaff < < < HipsterPosts: 5,366 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I am thankful for my wife who stands by my side, my children who are such smart **** that they keep me humble, a career that I enjoy, and my health, which is at the best point so far in my life.

    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

    At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • d_bladesd_blades near Table RockPosts: 2,685 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I'm thankful my family has excaped the pandemic so far.

    Turning money into smoke...about five bucks at a time, inflation adjusted to six bucks.
    My truck and I both smoke Diesel.
    Master of Yard Gars

    Democracy is 51% of the people taking away the rights of the other 49%.
    Thomas Jefferson
    There is no justification for taking away individuals' freedom in the guise of public safety.
    Thomas Jefferson

  • TheKrakenTheKraken MassachusettsPosts: 1,870 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Some good guesses so far, but remember you have to say something you are thankful for or your entry doesn't count.

    Will take entries until first kickoff

  • TheKrakenTheKraken MassachusettsPosts: 1,870 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Only about 24 hours to enter.

  • VisionVision Posts: 7,311 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2021

    I’m thankful for the life I live. Amazing wife and son, good health, and so far good fortune.

    Oh and slice time…. 12:32

    Post edited by Vision on
  • silvermousesilvermouse Cape CodPosts: 14,896 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2021

    Not a sports lover so totally uninformed guess
    111
    Due to the unpredictable nature of turkeys and ovens 5:45
    Grateful to be alive and not wrapped up in the angst that is poisoning most of humanity.

  • rsherman24rsherman24 Scranton, PAPosts: 6,001 ✭✭✭✭✭

    140
    Slice Time 1:45
    Thankful for my family. Tomorrow, after we feed and deal with 20 of them, things may change

  • Phil_from_ChicagoPhil_from_Chicago Holly, MIPosts: 182 ✭✭✭

    Slicing the turkey at 330pm your time
    Total points: 212
    Thankful for health and happiness for my family while we go thru what we are currently dealing with. Thankful my recovery from shoulder surgery is starting to progress in the right way.

    Originally from Chicago

    I enjoy good cigars and bourbon,

  • dirtdudedirtdude Livingston MTPosts: 5,318 ✭✭✭✭✭

    152
    Turkey time 2:40
    Thankful for those that keep us free.

    A little dirt never hurt
  • TheKrakenTheKraken MassachusettsPosts: 1,870 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Contest closed, thanks for playing! Will call winner tonight or tomorrow. Hope everyone enjoys the day!

  • VegasFrankVegasFrank Real ManPosts: 13,257 ✭✭✭✭✭

    LOL thanks edward. I won it last year by picking the average number of points scored in an NFL game times three. I did the same thing this year. 46.2 * 3 = my guess. Math. Get some.

    Don't look ↑
  • VisionVision Posts: 7,311 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @silvermouse good guess my friend. Could be close

  • VegasFrankVegasFrank Real ManPosts: 13,257 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Whew! That was close!

    Don't look ↑
  • VisionVision Posts: 7,311 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Awesome contest! One more touchdown! Kept watching interesting.

  • TheKrakenTheKraken MassachusettsPosts: 1,870 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Thanks for playing all, sad day for all as the Cowboys remembered they are, in fact, the Cowboys and have been letting people down for 3 decades now.

    @Wylaff channeling his inner Bilbo, greatness! Total points scored yesterday was 136, so that makes @d_blades the winner with a guess of 134, congratulations Dave! Good guesses by a number of folks. No tiebreakers needed, but we cut the turkey at 11:48 AM EST.

    Thanks for playing all, hope everyone had a great day! And thanks for sharing what you are thankful for!

    Dave, would you please pm me your address? I'll plan to get out early next week.

  • ShawnOLShawnOL The People's Communist Republic of MassachusettsPosts: 5,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

    So you had Thanksgiving brunch?

  • d_bladesd_blades near Table RockPosts: 2,685 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2021

    Thanks for the contest, nachos by PM. Looks like the Cowboys are the AFC Wests ****

    Turning money into smoke...about five bucks at a time, inflation adjusted to six bucks.
    My truck and I both smoke Diesel.
    Master of Yard Gars

    Democracy is 51% of the people taking away the rights of the other 49%.
    Thomas Jefferson
    There is no justification for taking away individuals' freedom in the guise of public safety.
    Thomas Jefferson

Sign In or Register to comment.